Added 5 months ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12 noon (London time), on 2 August 2016.

                                    INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12 noon (London time), on 2 August 2016.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Richard Foan – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Tom Drouillard
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Ms Iwona Szczesna

Apologies :
Ms Josanne Ryan
Mr Manuel Sala
Ms Arina Ureche

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation


1. MINUTES: The minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 5 July 2016 having, been circulated, was taken as read and approved.
Mr Marco Bernasconi requested that an “Action” column be added to the Minutes to highlight persons responsible for action for that matter.

Action : Secretaries

2.MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 Census Report – Chairman said that he did not have an opportunity to speak with Ms Carolyn Morgan. Secretary said that Ms Morgan was happy to work with IFABC. She had proposed to tie the Bureau Reports to industry advertising data. She had said that it would be a good idea to speak to the President. He said that the next step for the Executive Board was to have a view on what project IFABC wanted her to think about and President would then brief her.

Chairman said that he could do that. He added that members provided the Bureau Reports once in two years just prior the GA. He asked whether it should be done on an annual basis. Secretary felt that the report once in two years was enough. He said that by doing it annually IFABC might not get enough data for a significant report. Treasurer agreed. He added that it was already difficult to obtain all Members to submit once in two years. Chairman agreed. He said that he will speak to Ms Morgan on the matter.

Action : President

2.2 Bureau Reports – The Secretaries said that as requested a draft letter
was forwarded to the Chairman for submission to the seven members who have not submitted their reports. Chairman said that he will do so.

Action : President

3. IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018

3.1 Three Projects:

a. OOH – Chairman said that he had received an email from Ms Rosa/Taipei who was seeking assistance on OOH. The case study presented at the GA was interesting for them. Although the reports were in Portuguese he said that he would liaise with Taipei on the matter. He added that in Brazil, the latest Adex revealed an increase in outdoor spending compared to the other media. He proposed a meeting in Europe in the fall (Oct/Nov) to discuss this matter. He said that he would be writing to members to find out their interest and the suggestions for a venue and timing. He thought Berlin could be a central point to meet in Europe. He could speak to IVW.

Action : President

Mr Tom Drouillard said that he could introduce the organization that did OOH in USA to the committee. They could be interested in having a global standard for measurement. IFABC and that organization could complement each other. Chairman said that perhaps they could join IFABC. Chairman again asked whether the IFABC would allow organisations that did not do circulation or census but other things to join IFABC. He asked the Executive Members to start to think about that. Secretary felt that the principle of refreshing the organization with new bodies could be useful not in terms of finance but to add to what IFABC currently had. He added that IFABC had a culture of deliberately not-for-profit industry owned organisations as Members. He continued and said that IFABC would need to be careful with organisations that compete with the IFABC members applying for membership as the Executive Board would have to manage that both legally and in terms of direction for the future.

Action : Executive Boards

b. Viewability – Secretary said that a mail on this matter has been sent out by the secretaries to Members to gauge their interest in the subject. He said that if there was enough interest and agreement on what IFABC wanted to do he would have the first call soon with those interested. Mr Tom Drouillard said that in the US they were doing some new things on digital – fraud detection – it was not only about viewability but about the whole area of digital assurance. It was about what the members were doing, what they were thinking about; where the business was going. He felt that it was all connected. Perhaps there was a need to have a new set of solutions sitting on top of what the industry already have. If the Committee agree to have a physical meeting then the suggestion was to coincide with the OOH meeting. It would be good to expand the topics
to cover more areas. Secretary felt that timing was perfect. He had recently met the Global Head of GroupM Digital who was encouraging the industry to have a single set of standards globally in these areas. The gentleman was not aware of the work being done by IFABC members. Secretary said that it was important to agree on a direction between the members and then communicating it effectively to people at his level was crucial at this stage to stay relevant.

Action : Secretary/Tom Drouillard

c. Ad Block – Chairman said that he was planning to send out a report to members on this matter. In a study (October 2015 – March 2016) done in Brazil the % of those using ad block has stablished at around 60%. It was revealed that that 30%-40% of those who blocked ads in one website, did it across all websites. The balance 70% did ad blocking selectively. Newspaper publishers have taken actions to limit access to content to those using ad block. They were trying to convince users to not block the ads. The industry was reacting to ad block in Brail and this could be a reason for ad block not increasing. Chairman said that this topic would be of interest and should be included in the forthcoming meeting. Mr Tom Drouillard said that the subject would be interesting for the members’ customers and suggested that members be made aware of it. Chairman said that perhaps a white paper be prepared to share with members.
Secretary said that there was a lot of interest in the UK. He agreed that it was useful to share it with the members. However, IFABC would need to discuss what to do with it. He was doing a watching brief for JICWEBs /ABC perspectives and be ready to work on verification principles for the publishers showing how far they were applying to industry agreed needs to be done to reduce ad block. He said that right now UK did not see a business opportunity but IFABC would need to keep on top of it for any future business opportunities. It would be interesting to consider what to do with initiatives from IAB on this matter. Chairman said that websites need to improve the users experience by being faster, lighter and less cluttered to ensure less ad block happening.

Action : President

3.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

a. General Principles for IFABC – in the absence of Ms Arina Ureche and Mr Manuel Sala there was no report.

Action : Arina Ureche/Manuel Sala

b. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – in the absence of Mr Manuel Sala there was no report.

Action : Manuel Sala

3.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that after the last
reminder 3 more bureaux had contacted the website administrator. This brought the total of those who have contacted the administrator to 7. She said that a new communique would be send out in September containing more information on the future of the system; not merely inviting them to view the system but to do some action. . Mr Tom Drouillard said that he was not really clear about where IFABC was going with this, and if it was working and what purpose it was serving. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that from the beginning the Executive Board knew that some members would not be able to submit the data; some were questioning and most others wanted to have the data online to use it. At the GA in Rio Members agreed to develop the system. At the GA in Ascona, it was agreed to close the free access to the data. Now only Members could access the system. She said that perhaps the system should be opened again for members for them to see what the system was about and what it could do. Thereafter the Executive Board could have a discussion and make a decision about what to do next.

Action : Iwona Szczesna/EB

b.Improve internal communications – Website – Chairman said that Ms Josanne Ryan had submitted a comprehensive report on the IFABC. It was noted that the IFABC site was hosted alongside the AMAA site and the data costs were covered by AMAA. AMAA was happy to continue the service for IFABC.

It was also pointed out that the IFABC Circulation Database site was hosted in Poland and managed by Ms Iwona Szczesna.

Action : Josanne Ryan

c. PR – Chairman said that he would liaise with Mr Tom Drouillard on this matter as he had offered the services of his communications person.

Action : President

3.4 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. Secretary thanked members for adopting the video metrics as discussed during the GA in Ascona. He will get it up on the IFABC website. BARB, in the UK, which was the TV measurement JIC was using those metric. He has had interest from some other countries asking how the metrics were defined and whether they could use it. He said it was worth looking at the idea of global standards for local markets. This could be a point of discussion at the forthcoming meeting.

Action : Secretary/President

3.5 Governance and Finance

a. Finance

i) 2016 Annual Membership subscription – despite 4 reminders, Mexico and SPAC China had not paid their dues. Mr Manuel Sala had spoken to Mexico. He added that he was unable to reach SPAC as there never was any acknowledgement/reply from them. He was not sure if they would pay up or not.

ii) Bill for approval – Tabled Bill No. 0127/2016 for € 8,351-92 being professional in respect of secretarial services for the period April 2016 to June 2016, out of pocket expenses and cost of travel, accommodation and related expenses of the secretariat to attend the 2016 IFABC GA in Ascona, Switzerland.

A question was raised on the expense of € 1,500-00 for the 2016 IFABC Report (20 copies). The Secretaries said that it was the cost of design, layout and optimisation of the 27 country reports for the IFABC website and the printing of 20 copies for the delegates present at the GA. Discussion ensued and it was agreed that prior approvals must be obtained for expenses incurred by the secretariat. Mr Richard Foan said that it set a clear direction going forward on what need to be done. It was a key learning for the future.

iii) ICOM had sought an invoice for the contribution of € 766-00 to IFABC. An invoice had been forwarded and ICOM had remitted the amount. He thanked Mr Richard Foan and Chairman for their effort. It was noted that the next ICOM meeting will be held April 24, 2017.

iv) Balance in IFABC Bank Account
HSBC Bank, Singapore - € 65,449-88

4.ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

4.1 Next meeting – the next tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board
will be held 12noon (London time) on 14 September 2017.

Action : EB

4.2 Secretarial Services – Chairman said that the Secretaries had advised
that J Matthews would be winding down from work gradually and have not found anyone from the office who wanted to continue with the work
J Matthews was doing.

Chairman said that he wanted to thank the secretaries for having handled the secretarial affairs of the IFABC for many years. He said that it would be important to start identifying a firm that could take over the services

Action : Executive Board

4.3 The meeting ended at 1.30pm

 

Posted by Australia at 9:50 am 0 Comments

Added 6 months ago

AV and Ad Metrics

There is much industry interest in measurement standards around digital audio/video advertising and content consumption.
JICWEBS in the UK has agreed metrics in these areas and these have also been adopted now by the IFABC.
Click here for further details.
Please contact your local IFABC member if you would like further information on these.

Posted by Australia at 5:41 pm 0 Comments