Added about 1 year ago

JICWEBS update on online ad viewability initiative

Posted by at 7:31 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

InSkin Media renews the DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 8:13 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Exponential renews the DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 7:14 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

RadiumOne renew both EDAA & DTSG seals

Posted by at 6:57 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Sociomantic issued DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 7:15 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Crimtan renews the DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 7:11 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Unruly renews the DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 6:54 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Specific Media renews the DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 7:52 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Ad2one renews the DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 7:45 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Ad4mat renews its EDAA Trust Seal with ABC

Posted by at 7:06 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Chief Executive Jerry Wright to step down at end of 2015

Posted by at 5:47 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10.00am (London time), Wednesday – 13 May 2015.

                                 INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10.00am (London time), Wednesday – 13 May 2015.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Jerry Wright – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Ms Heather Craven
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Mr Manuel Sala
Ms Iwona Szczesna

Apologies : Ms Arina Ureche
Mr Magnus Paulsson

In Attendance : Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 7 April 2015 having been circulated, was taken as read and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2014-2016

2.1.1 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy
a. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – Mr Manuel Sala said that he had written to some Latin American countries to gauge their real interest in forming a bureau. There was no response yet.

b. WAN/IFRA – Chairman said that World Press Trend report available now was with data up to 2013. They will release the 2014 data soon, perhaps during the WAN-IFRA conference in June. The Secretaries will purchase the latest data when available.

2.1.2 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development
a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna thanked the Secretary and Ms Arina Ureche for their comments on the data collection system. She said that system was not ready to roll out as yet, as an error had occurred when publishing the data on the server. She said that she was waiting for the problem to be resolved. The ABC Poland team will test the system and she will inform the Executive Board when it was ready. It was agreed that the system can roll out when a decision was made by the Executive Committee. In response to a question from the Chairman, Ms Szczesna said that the administrator would be a person recommended by a Member who would manage the system for the bureau. For the IFABC, once the scope of work has been identified, an administrator would have to be appointed. She suggested that the Executive Board Members start using the system to ascertain the scope of work.

b. Improve internal communications – Website – Ms Heather Craven said that she had nothing to report except that some housekeeping matters were ongoing. In respect of the matter of the unauthorized access to a document, the system has been rectified to prevent such things happening in the future.

2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. Digital Standards and Measurement Committee/Digital Publications Standards Committee – Chairman asked the Secretary on whether Mr Richard Foan had any thoughts for this matter. Secretary said that he would check with Mr Foan. He continued and said that Mr Foan was planning a conference in the Asia Pacific region. Ms Heather Craven said that she was trying to coordinate dates with Asia-Pacific members.

2.1.4 Survey (to base workplan on)

a. GA Survey – Chairman said that the results should be combined with the IFABC Change Census survey.

2.1.5 Media Audit Bureaux of the Future

a. IFABC Change Census Survey – Secretary reported that a summary of the results had been provided by Ms Carolyn Morgan. 17 responses from members covering Europe, Asia Pacific and Americas had been received. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that although it was a useful survey it was worrying that half the membership did not respond. She suggested that the results should be shared with those who took time to participate and were willing to share their experience. Chairman said that the results should be used to plan the work for the next 12 months. He said that he saw the need to promote active participation of all Members. Secretary said that for future surveys it should be mentioned upfront that results would only be shared with those who participate. It was agreed to postpone the delivery of the results while a note was sent to Members giving them another opportunity to complete the survey. Chairman requested the Executive Board to look at the results and suggest what tasks should be undertaken for the next 12 months.

2.1.6 IFABC Name Change

a. The Secretaries reported that 13 replies in the affirmative have been received so far. Chairman requested the heads of the IFABC Regional Groups to follow up with those Members who had not responded. The closing date for replies was 11 June 2015.

2.1.7 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer tabled his report:
- 2015 Membership fees – To be received from Denmark, Italy CSST, Mexico and Morsk Opplagskontroll AS (Affiliate Member). Treasurer requested Mr Manuel Sala to assist with Mexico. Secretary said that Denmark may have had a change in status. Ms Heather Craven provided the Treasurer with Denmark’s website link.

- Payment – Invoice 1235 for £500-00 from Penmaen Media Ltd for consultancy services in updating the IFABC Change Census was approved. The payment to Silver Cube was held pending the completion of the task.

- Annual Audited statement of accounts for the period 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014 was tabled. On a proposal by the Secretary and seconded by Ms Iwona Szczesna the following Resolution was passed:

“RESOLVED THAT the Annual Audited Statement of Accounts of IFABC for the year 2014 duly audited by MGI N Rajan Associates, Chartered Accountants, Singapore be and hereby adopted by the Executive Board members and forwarded to the General Assembly of Members of IFABC for their consideration and adoption.”

Executive Board authorized President and Treasurer to sign the audited accounts for the year 2014 on their behalf.

Treasurer said that after the audited accounts for the year 2014 were stamped and signed by the statutory auditors the same would be sent for adoption by the Members of IFABC.

- Treasurer reported that the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) had written to IFABC seeking a copy of the latest constitution, the date when the Federation commenced activities; and the statement of accounts for each year from the date the activities started till 31/12/2010. He said that he has been liaising with the IFABC Tax agent in Singapore to handle the matter.
Executive Board was informed that prior to registering IFABC in Singapore in October 2010, IFABC was functioning as an adhoc body and had no legal status.

- Balance in IFABC Bank Account – HSBC Bank Singapore - €79,295-96

2.1.8 Event Audit

a. Ms Heather Craven said that the 3rd meeting of the committee was held on 29 April 2015. She thanked UK, US, Sweden for sharing their information on event audits. Australia, too, had shared their information. Those who were not doing the service were learning what the other countries were doing. She said that at the next meeting on 27 May, the committee would decide whether to continue with monthly meetings or to meet when necessary. The Secretary requested that the minutes of the meetings be posted on the IFABC website. Ms Craven said that she will seek the permission of the Committee to do that.

3. NEXT MEETING - 2 June 2015. Secretary said that he would be unable to attend.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The meeting was adjourned at 11.30am.

 

Posted by Australia at 3:19 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10.00am, London time, 3 March 2015.

                                               INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10.00am, London time, 3 March 2015.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Jerry Wright – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Ms Heather Craven
Mr Magnus Paulsson
Ms Arina Ureche
Mr Manuel Sala

Apologies : Mr Marco Bernasconi

In Attendance : Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the meeting of the Executive Board held 16 February 2015 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1. IFABC Workplan 2014-2016

2.1.1. Role of IFABC/ Industry Advocacy

a. Promote the growth of bureaux in new geographies – Mr Manuel Sala said that he had no updates on the matter.

Chairman said that WAN-IFRA had written to the Secretaries to advise that for €1,500, they would provide the full World Press Trends (WPT) database content going back 5 years in pdf format and it could be made available to our members through a restricted access website. Ms Arina Ureche said that ABC Romania provided the data to WAN-IFRA for the WPT. She added that by paying she would be getting her data back. Secretary said that in UK, the magazine publishers provided the data and it included unaudited data too. It was noted that some of the IFABC Members provided the data for the WPT report. Chairman said that the report could also provide leads to identify countries with no ABC’s. Discussion ensued and the secretaries were requested to find out from WAN-IFRA if there could be exchange of data and cooperation from both sides. Chairman said that if they were not agreeable, could IFABC pay the €1,500 to obtain the WPT? Ms Iwona Szczesna suggested getting a further discount from them.

Chairman said that WAN-IFRA had written to IFABC today to find out if IFABC had any contacts in China who could provide with average circulation data for newspapers. The secretaries said that they could write to the IFABC Member in China to find out if this was possible.

2.1.2. Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that she had not received any quotes (other than SilverCube) for hosting the database system. She added that SilverCube was ready to install the system and it would take a week to do so. Ms Heather Craven said that her vendors were finalizing their quote within the next few days. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that it was quite urgent to set up the system. She requested Ms Heather Craven to circulate the quote to Executive Board members who could then make a decision over the email. Chairman said that it made good sense to have the both – the website and the database system - in the same place, if costs were reasonable. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that for the website digital metrics, three metrics that were relevant included daily/monthly unique browsers, page impressions and sessions/visit. A question was raised on whether the reporting could consider different platforms for e.g. desktop and mobile etc. Chairman said that it was important to have it by platforms for the advertising industry. There will be 3 metrics, followed by a total and divided under platforms. Mr Manuel Sala said that as some Members may not have it by platforms, it should not be made mandatory. The system must be flexible to adapt to add/extension of data. There must be freedom for Members to choose the metrics.

Ms Szczesna said that system will show channels – Print, Replica, Non-Replica and Websites. There was no total column as some Bureaux do not practice it. Chairman felt that for website there should be a total. The main purpose of the collection of data was to show very clearly the data. Website metrics should preferably be one and the same for all bureau.

Discussion took place and Ms Iwona Szczesna requested the Chairman to submit a proposal of the metrics/platforms in an excel format. Secretary felt that it would be better if there were flexible options. Chairman said that he would do so and circulate it to the EB Members.

b. Website – Ms Heather Craven and Mr Manuel Sala said that they had nothing to report. Secretary said that the content on the landing page of the IFABC website was outdated. Ms Heather Craven agreed to look into it. Mr Magnus Paulsson said that he would provide the information on the forthcoming IFABC Europe meeting which could be placed on the website.

2.1.3. Digital Standards and Measurement

a. Digital Standards and Measurement Committee/Digital Publications Standards Committee – Chairman said that he had emailed Mr Glenn Hansen to find out about the Guidelines for Digital Media. Chairman said that Mr Glenn Hansen had submitted the 2nd Edition. Secretary asked whether the change for ‘active views’ to ‘publications active views’ was done. Chairman said that he would circulate the copy to EB members’ for their review. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that the GA had approved the Guidelines and such no further changes should be done without informing the Members. Chairman said that Members must revert urgently so that the guidelines could be distributed to the members, placed on the website and shared with WAN-IFRA.

Chairman said that he had asked Mr Hansen on his view of the future of the Digital Publications Standards Committee – as it was largely inactive and should perhaps be integrated with the Web Standards Group. Mr Hansen had felt that the Digital Publications Standards Committee should be kept on active status. Mr Magnus Paulsson said that it would be good to have a committee focused on Digital Media. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that if it was to be on active status then there would be a need to have a clear plan on what to do next. Chairman said that digital publications were increasing and becoming more relevant in circulation. Ms Szczesna said that perhaps while distributing the Guidelines for Digital Media to members, they could be asked whether they wanted the Committee to be active or not.

2.1.4. Survey (to base workplan on)

a. GA Survey – Ms Arina Ureche said that 28 bureaux had taken part in the survey and she would circulate the results to the EB Members today. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that the EB would need to study the results and come out with a plan before circulating the results to the Members.

2.1.5. Media Audit Bureaux of the Future – Update

a. IFABC Change Census Survey – Secretary said that the survey would be conducted commencing 16th March 2015.

2.1.6. IFABC Name Change

a. International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Certification – Chairman said that the communique to Members would be launched at the end of April 2015.

2.1.7. Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer reported that as of to-date 13 Members had paid their 2015 membership dues. He said that the draft accounts for the year 2014 had been forwarded to the auditors in Singapore to commence the audit. An invoice from Eulogy was still pending payment, as he was waiting for approval from the Secretary. The IFABC bank balance in the HSBC bank in Singapore was standing at €52,000.

b. Croatia/Serbia – there was no report.

2.1.8. Event Audit

a. Ms Heather Craven reported 9 bureaux had expressed interest on being on the committee. A tele-conference meeting attended by 8 bureaux was held on 26 February 2015. It was a useful meeting as countries who were providing the service briefed the members on the background and processes that went into setting up the service. The next meeting will be on 25 March and an action plan would be drawn up for the committee. In response to a question it was noted that about 5 bureaux provided the service currently.

She said that 2 more bureaux have since expressed interest to join the committee.

3. NEXT MEETING – the next meeting will be held on 7 April 2015. Ms Heather Craven said that she would not be able to participate due to prior commitments.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

4.1. The meeting was adjourned at 12 noon.

 

Posted by Australia at 11:36 am 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

ABC brings Interactive Tables to Business Media Sector

Posted by at 7:36 pm 0 Comments