Added about 1 year ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to The Economist

Posted by at 5:56 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to Merchenta

Posted by at 5:52 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am London time, Tuesday – 7 April 2015.

                                    INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am London time, Tuesday – 7 April 2015.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Jerry Wright – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Manuel Sala
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Ms Arina Ureche
Mr Magnus Paulsson

Apologies : Ms Heather Craven

In Attendance : Ms Rekha Menon representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES:

Tabled minutes of the tele- conference meeting of the Executive Board held 3 March 2015.
Mr. Jerry Wright referred to page one, line six and requested that the words “magazine publisher” be replaced with the words “newspaper publisher”

Subject to this amendment, the minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 3 March 2015 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1. IFABC Workplan 2014-2016

2.1.1. Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

a. Promote growth of bureau in new geographies – Mr. Pedro Silva mentioned that the next step is to compile and send all the information requested by WAN-IFRA from all the Bureaux.

Ms Iwona Szczesna reminded the EXCO that WAN-IFRA has requested for the same scope of data. Some countries may not have certain data and since the IFABC system was still under development it would be challenging to do the exchange. Discussion ensued and it was decided that IFABC will compile and provide the information to WAN-IFRA but will buy the report and share it with its members instead of an exchange.

Mr. Pedro Silva mentioned that the report which was circulated was a summary. Also that if the data is sent later, by June it will not be useful and WAN-IFRA should consider giving a discount to IFABC. He proposed not to wait for the exchange of the data but to pay for the report so that it can be circulated to the members by the end of this April to be reported to their own markets.

Mr Marco Bernasconi and Mr Hormuzd Masani suggested that the report should be password protected and can be only accessed by the IFABC members on its website. Mr Pedro Silva agreed that this was crucial to avoid any issues with WAN-IFRA. Mr. Pedro Silva advised for the Secretaries to clearly indicate when purchasing the report that it will not be openly available and only made available to IFABC members.

2.1.2. Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna informed the EXCO that the system has been completed and was ready for input, to analyse and test the data and urged them to directly send their comments on the system to the developer, Mr Osiecki of Silvercube.

Ms Iwona Szczesna reported that after Mr Osiecki (Silvercube) had received the initial information on the metrics for digital and website, he had to make some changes that were rewritten and incorporated in the system. She added that the users will not notice it as the changes were made at the backend. This was to ensure all user needs were covered and to serve them better.

Mr. Pedro Silva suggested that the EXCO send their feedback to the developer and to also copy Ms Iwona Szczesna in the email. It was confirmed that the same username and password is used for the test information since it was not on the server but placed in a remote testing site. Ms Iwona Szczesna advised EXCO to download their respective data into the system for testing.

Suggested by Ms Iwona Szczesna, it was agreed that the first testing and viewing with comments to the developer to be forwarded by Friday, April 10, 2015. She added that this will help gauge if there was more to be done at this stage and to determine the completion date before it goes live on the site.

b. Improve internal communications – Mr. Pedro Silva reported that Ms. Heather Craven had sent an email with her points on the website and the Exhibition Committee. He added that Ms. Heather Craven will be reporting on the security separately when it was completed and especially on the leak of one of the reports.

Mr. Manuel Sala updated the EXCO that he did not have any further details at this moment. Mr. Jerry Wright pointed out from Ms Heather Craven’s email that the other area to look at was the website content. Mr. Jerry Wright agreed that the content was not up-to-date. He referred to two points; the front page of the website which still referred to 2012 as the latest in the events and exhibitions committee and the second point was that there should be an update under Digital Publishing auditing announcing the revised digital publications guidelines that was published. Ms Iwona Szczesna also pointed out the event auditing section also referred to 2012.

Mr. Jerry Wright further highlighted that the latest news feed tabs only had information from ABC UK. He added that he was aware that other Bureaux have their updates in their own language but it would still give a better impression to show what was happening in the Bureaux across the world rather than only have updates from ABC UK on the feed. Mr Wright commented that it would be good to encourage other Bureaux to feed their updates in their own language into the IFABC site to show its global network. Mr. Pedro Silva believed that it was a good idea and requested Ms Heather Craven to write up an instruction summary on how to use the feed for the members.

Ms Iwona Szczesna suggested to get the EXCO to participate in phase one, to test and to see if the results were as expected, one a month, starting with April. The feed would be communication shared by the each Bureau in the original language to its members. Mr. Pedro Silva added that once the testing had been done, the second phase will include all members.

2.1.3. Digital Standards and Measurement

a. Digital Standards and Measurement Committee/Digital Publications Standards Committee – Mr. Pedro Silva reported that since the guidelines have been approved and sent to the members on March 10, 2015, there was no need to follow-up on this item at the next meeting.

2.1.4. Survey (to base workplan on)
a. GA Survey – Ms Arina Ureche reported that 76-85 percent commented that the General Assembly was good value and cost. She added some members found it to be geographically too far and expensive. She added another reason given was due to change of positions and new representatives that were not highlighted to the IFABC. The content was well received and participants found the ABC 2015 report useful and also identified their favourite speakers. Ms Arina Ureche added that there were recommendations to include topics on ABC’s role on online and digital platforms. Ms Arina Ureche reported that 71% respondents said they will attend the conference in Switzerland. It was suggested that more details can be discussed during the European meeting.

Mr Pedro Silva mentioned that the Bureaux may have a limited budget and to look at ways to further reduce the expenses. Mr. Jerry Wright commented that the delegate registration was reduced but a better corporate rate could be negotiated for flight tickets and accommodation which he felt was the main concern.

Mr Pedro Silva suggested that Ms Arina Ureche would email EXCO members the list of most relevant learning from the GA and EXCO members were to add to the list. He suggested each EXCO member would contribute three to five findings each. Mr. Pedro Silva added that the findings could be further discussed at the European meeting in May. He added the feedback was important to help keep the cost low for the members for next year’s General Assembly in either May or June 2016.

2.1.5. Media Audit Bureaux of the Future – Update

a. IFABC Change Census Survey – Mr. Pedro Silva reported that in view of Mr. Glen’s feedback, after discussion with EXCO members that it would be best to release the report to all members before the European meeting. Ms Iwona Szczesna highlighted that the email exchange with Glen included all members of IFABC and therefore it would be necessary to inform all members pertaining the release of the report. Mr. Pedro Silva agreed and added that he will also either call or send a separate email to Glen to inform him about the official decision made to close the matter.

Mr. Jerry Wright highlighted that to minimize the cost, the presentation deck Ms Carolyn was preparing for the European meeting will be sent to one of the members who was already at the locale to present it. Mr. Pedro Silva added that after the European meeting had discussed it, the feedback will be sent in a second update to all IFABC members.

Ms Jerry Wright agreed to work with Ms. Carolyn to set-up the tele-conference call which would be relatively cheaper that arranging a webcasting from London and plugging in the rest of the IFABC network, since it was not budgeted for.

2.1.6. IFABC Name Change

a. International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Certification – Mr. Pedro Silva updated that the resolution will be sent by May 4th, 2015, as it needs to be closed in one month and it will also allow the European group to discuss and since there will be quorum to decide on the matter. He added that he will be working with the Secretaries to get the resolution out.

2.1.7. Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer reported the following:

Mr. Hormuzd Masani reported that he had received Annual subscription fees from 26 members and only nine members’ payments were pending as per his report to the EXCO via email. He added that reminders have been sent. He highlighted on the outstanding PR invoice that Mr. Jerry Wright had asked to keep it remaining in KIV. The first quarter payment to the Secretaries was approved, proposed approval by Mr. Jerry Wright and seconded by Mr. Pedro Silva. Mr Hormuzd Masani updated the EXCO that there was a healthy bank balance of approximately Euros 76.5K.

Mr. Jerry Wright reported that the Danish ABC was closing to merge with the publishers association. He advised that it is best to confirm this before the next European meeting so that proper recommendation can be made, for instance transferring them to Affiliate membership since they will be not meeting the criteria of full membership. Mr Hormuzd Masani agreed to follow-up.

b. Croatia/Serbia – There has been no feedback from both parties hence there was nothing to report.

2.1.8. Event Audit
a. Mr. Pedro Silva reported that Ms Heather Craven has sent an email and it is an important opportunity for IFABC. Ms Heather Craven will update EXCO at the next meeting.

3. NEXT MEETING – 13 May 2015 (European meeting – London time 10am. Romanian time is 12noon.)

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Ms Iwona Szczesna suggested whether it was necessary to send the GA survey results to the members before EXCO studied it. Mr. Pedro Silva commented that it would be good to be transparent and share the results with the members and later to share the plans to the members based on their response to the survey results. Ms Arina Ureche agreed and advised that to increase the response rate of surveys from members, it is important to send the results as soon as it is available.

Meeting adjourned: 11.21am

 

Posted by Australia at 4:42 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Videology issued DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 6:33 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Switch/Unanimis issued DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 6:49 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

Criteo issued DTSG Brand Safety Seal

Posted by at 6:34 pm 0 Comments

Added about 1 year ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to FLXone

Posted by at 6:15 pm 0 Comments