Added over 2 years ago

Collective Europe issued DTSG Seal of Compliance

Posted by at 7:19 pm 0 Comments

Added over 2 years ago

Opera Mediaworks issued DTSG Seal of Compliance

Posted by at 6:29 pm 0 Comments

Added over 2 years ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to ARC Science

Posted by at 7:23 pm 0 Comments

Added over 2 years ago

Minutes of the meeting of the Executive Committee held at 4.00pm, Monday – 3 November 2014 in the Windsor Atlantica Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

                                             INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of the meeting of the Executive Committee held at 4.00pm, Monday – 3 November 2014 in the Windsor Atlantica Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Present :
Mr Jerry Wright – President – in the Chair
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Pedro Silva
Mr Magnus Paulsson
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Manuel Sala

Apologies :
Mr George Bohlander

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

Mr George Bohlander, who was attending the meeting through tele-conference, withdrew from the meeting due to a bad connection. He wished the Executive Board a very successful General Assembly.
Chairman thanked Mr Pedro Silva for making the arrangements for the General Assembly.

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Board held 20 October 2014 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2010-2012

2.1.1 IFABC 26TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY: Mr Pedro Silva welcomed everyone to Rio.
- Attendance - He said that 15 delegates had registered for the General Assembly, and including Brazil, represented 12 Bureaux. The Secretaries reported that 11 proxies have been received.
- Agenda – The agency speaker, Ms Cynthia Evans had advised that she was unable to attend as she was indisposed but will be sending in her paper tomorrow. Mr Pedro Silva said that he had invited Mr Brian Crotty, from Almaty BBDO Sao Paulo, to replace her and provide a global perspective. Ms Carolyn Morgan will present the ABC of 2015 report through video conference. In response to a request from Mr Manuel Sala it was agreed to mention the names of the Bureaux celebrating anniversaries at the closing dinner.
- Bureaux sharing insights – Mr Pedro Silva said that Bureau’s representing USA, Spain, UK and Brazil will share insights, experiences and opportunities during the second day.
- ABC of 2015 Report - Chairman said that he had not received any comments from the EB on the final draft report.
- IFABC Business – The Secretaries reported that all statutory requirements as laid down by the Constitution will be complied with.
- PR/External Communications – Chairman said that he had briefed Eulogy and they would be releasing a pre- GA release before the GA and another one after the GA announcing the election of the new Executive Board.
- Regional Groups meetings – Mr Pedro Silva said that arrangements have been made for the meetings which will be held on 4 November
- Hybrid, Digital Publications and Web Standards Group meetings – Chairman said that Mr Richard Foan and Mr Glenn Hansen (through video conference) would handle them.

2.1.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy
a. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies –Mr Manuel Sala said that he had received one response from the advertising agency association of the Dominican Republic that they had just received the proposal and would be considering the establishment of a bureau.

2.1.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development
a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that she had uploaded the 2012 data of the Top 50 magazines (paid and free) from the members on the IFABC website. Meanwhile she was waiting for the General Assembly’s approval to set up the new system for data collection and reporting.

b. Improve internal communications – Website - Mr Manuel Sala said that after talks with Mr Paul Dovas, he was proposing to :
- improve the SEO for the website at a cost of €5,000; and
- improve the information on the website with simple infographics on what IFABC members do

He said that the proposals were to direct people looking for media data to come to the website and an initiative to promote the IFABC. Discussion took place and it was agreed that the new Board would take over the responsibility for agreeing the proposal.

2.1.4 Digital Standards and Measurement
a. ‘Hybrid’ Online Audience Measurement – Chairman said that Mr Richard Foan would be reporting on this project and also manage the Web Standards Group meeting.

b. Digital Editions and Publications – Chairman said that Mr Glenn Hansen would be presenting the revisions to the guidelines at tomorrow’s meeting. It would then be tabled at the General Assembly for adoption.

2.1.5 Governance and Finance
a. Finance – Treasurer reported that:
- Annual Dues 2014 - he had still not heard from SPAC China in respect of the 2014 annual dues amounting to €1,300 and would be tabling the matter at the GA for a decision.
- Bills – Invoice no 1221 from Penmaen Media Ltd for € 5345 being consultancy of IFABC Future of 2015 ABC report second 50% of €4400; and € 945 being additional time cost and miscellaneous expenditure.
- HSBC Internet banking – he had received the security device from HSBC Singapore and would now be able to process all payments digitally. He would be making the payment of €15,000 to Brazil as a subsidy for the GA.
- Provisions – a provision of £1,000 has been provided for the services of Eulogy. In response to a question from Ms Iwona Szczesna, Treasurer said that a sum of €10,000 had been set aside for the new data collection system
- APABC Funds – he said that as discussed at the last EB meeting he would be tabling the suggestion at the APABC meeting and if approved would seek the GA’s agreement to transfer the APABC funds from BPA’s accounts to the IFABC accounts in trust for APABC
- Balance in HSBC Bank in Singapore - € 81,609

b. Croatia/Serbia –Chairman said that he had recently met the Chairman of ABC Serbia, Mr Branislav Novcic in London and spoken on the issues relating to the principles of IFABC membership. Discussion took place and it was agreed to write to both bureau to settle the matter and to move on to serve their members.

3. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

3.1 Chairman thanked all Executive Board Members for the support and dedication in ensuring that the responsibilities of the IFABC were well taken care of.

3.2 Ms Iwona Szczesna reported that Mr George Bohlander would not be seeking re-election to the Board.

 

Posted by Australia at 12:08 pm 0 Comments

Added over 2 years ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am (London time) 20 October 2014.

                                              INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am (London time)
20 October 2014.

Present :
Mr Jerry Wright – President – in the Chair
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr George Bohlander
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Magnus Paulsson
Mr Pedro Silva

Apologies :
Mr Manuel Sala

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 22 September 2014 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2010-2012

2.1.1 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

a. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – Chairman said that Mr Manuel Sala had reported that he had emailed the advertising and publisher associations in Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Colombia, Uruguay and Chile and was awaiting responses.

In response to a question from the Chairman, the Secretaries reported that they had not heard from any of the other potential countries.

2.1.2 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store –Ms Iwona Szczesna asked about renaming the system. It was agreed to refer to it as the ‘IFABC cross-platform database’. Ms Szczesna said that she would make a brief presentation on the system at the GA in Rio. She added that there were opportunities to grow after the basic system was installed.

She proposed publishing the 2012 data for the top 50 paid and free consumer and business magazines on the website. This was agreed.

b. Improve internal communications – in the absence of Mr Manuel Sala, there was no report. Chairman reported that he had spoken to Ms Heather Craven, the Interim CEO of the AMAA and she had confirmed that Australia will continue to host the IFABC website.

2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. ‘Hybrid’ Online Audience Measurement – Mr George Bohlander said that as he was not in the committee, Mr Manuel Sala will report on this matter. Meanwhile, he said that Mr Richard Foan will provide the next steps in this matter and was willing to present it in Rio.

b. Digital Editions and Publications –Mr George Bohlander said that Mr Glenn Hansen had circulated the draft new guidelines to the Executive Board members. The Executive Board approved the new guidelines. Mr George Bohlander said that Mr Glenn Hansen will be able to share the guidelines through video conference to the members at the GA in Rio. Chairman said that once the guidelines was approved at the GA, it would be distributed to all the Members.

2.1.4 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – The Treasurer reported on the following:
- 2014 Annual Membership dues – despite 6 reminders SPAC, China has not settled their dues of €1,300-00.The matter will be tabled at the GA
- Balance in IFABC bank account with HSBC Singapore - €81,609-00 (as per books)
- Transfer of APABC funds into the IFABC bank account – BPA who has been managing the APABC funds has requested that the funds be transferred independently to APABC. However, in practical terms it was not possible to operate an APABC account as APABC was not a legal entity. Therefore there was a suggestion to transfer the funds to the IFABC bank account and to manage them separately in ‘Trust’ for APABC activity. If it was agreeable with the Executive Board, the necessary arrangements would be made at the APABC meeting in Rio to realize the transfer. The Executive Board was in agreement. There was a suggestion that the IFABC Europe should consider doing the same with their funds.
- Tax Filing in Singapore – The Singapore Income Revenue Authority has advised IFABC of a waiver from submitting income tax returns w.e.f. assessment year 2015 due to NIL taxable income or negligible taxable income. However, if IFABC’s taxable income exceeded S$400 in future years then IFABC would be required to submit the tax returns within 6 months from the end of the accounting period. They also requested that this information be passed on to future office bearers too.
- Income and Expenditure for the ten months ending 31 October 2014 – The report would be tabled at the GA. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that although an amount of €8,500-00 being nett value for the system was allocated, there may be some administration and support charges. It was agreed to allocate € 10,000-00 for it.

3. IFABC GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2014
Mr Pedro Silva reported that programme was almost finalized. The advertiser perspective would be addressed by Mr Joao Ciaco / Fiat LA Advertising VP. Chairman referred Members to the Agenda and finalized the program for 6th November. Mr Pedro Silva said that he would inform the Bureau that would need to share insights in the various planned sessions at the GA.

A total of 15 delegates had registered so far.

4. NEXT MEETING – 4.00pm, 3 November 2014, Hotel Windsor Atlantica, Rio, Brazil.

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a. Mr George Bohlander sought for news on the Croatia/Serbia matter. Mr Magnus Paulsson said that he had not heard anything further.

b. Mr George Bohlander said that he would be unable to attend the GA in Rio.

c. The meeting ended at 12 noon.

 

Posted by Australia at 11:58 am 0 Comments

Added over 2 years ago

Minutes of the meeting of the Executive Board held immediately after the General Assembly Thursday – 6 November 2014 in the Windsor Atlantica Hotel, Rio, Brazil.

                                        INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of the meeting of the Executive Board held immediately after the General Assembly Thursday – 6 November 2014 in the Windsor Atlantica Hotel, Rio, Brazil.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Jerry Wright
Mr Hormuzd Masani
Ms Arina Ureche
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Mr Magnus Paulsson
Mr Manuel Sala
Ms Iwona Szczesna

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Association

The APABC Chairman, Ms Heather Craven, was not present at the meeting.

Chairman thanked members for electing him and the confidence they had in him. He praised Mr Jerry Wright for having accomplished so much in a short duration and said that it would be a tough act to follow. Mr Jerry Wright thanked the previous Executive Board members who had served for managing the affairs of IFABC diligently.

Chairman welcomed Ms Arina Ureche, Mr Marco Bernasconi and Ms Heather Craven to the new Executive Board. He spoke of the need of sharing responsibilities in taking the IFABC forward.

1. Treasurer -
Treasurer – On a proposal by Mr Jerry Wright and seconded by Ms Iwona Szczesna, Mr Hormuzd Masani was elected the Treasurer for the term 2014-2016.

Secretary – On a proposal by Mr Hormuzd Masani and seconded by the President, Mr Jerry Wright was elected the Secretary for the term 2014-2016.

2. Executive Board - It was agreed that the monthly tele-conference meetings will be held 10am, London time, on the 1st Tuesday of the month. The first meeting will therefore be held on 2 December 2014.

3. Projects:
- Communications – Mr Jerry Wright agreed to manage the PR with Eulogy.
- Newsletter – It was felt that the first newsletter would provide an opportunity to the President to introduce the new Executive Board, key highlights from the GA, new initiatives, and the proposal to change the name of IFABC. It was a agreed that a newsletter be produced 3-4 times a year.

- New Members – Mr Manuel Sala agreed to continue leading this portfolio.
Digital Editions and Publications – Chairman said that he would speak to Mr Glenn Hansen on two things – as the draft guidelines had been approved by the GA, it was necessary to distribute to the GA with the change to the metric ‘active views’ to ‘publication active views’; and to find out if there was a need to continue with the committee as the project had ended.

- Web Standards Group – Chairman said that he would speak to Mr Richard Foan on the need to continue with this Committee or rename it as proposed by the EB ‘ Digital Initiatives Committee’ which may generate new projects

- Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that she will liaise with the vendor and manage it.

4. Future of 2015 ABC –Chairman said that this was an important report and felt that it should be continued with and updated. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that those who provided inputs should update the facts as some time has passed when it was collected. Chairman said that the report would be placed on the Members section on the website. He would speak to Ms Carolyn Morgan to obtain a quote to update and keep the report valid.

5. Survey – A member said that a survey be conducted to find out the value of the recently concluded GA, the reasons for non-attendance, what members expected etc. Ms Irina Ureche agreed to look into the matter together with the secretaries.

6. Anniversaries – Mr Jerry Wright said that he would be announcing at the Gala dinner, the names of the Bureaux achieving anniversaries:
Croatia – 5 years
Taipei – 10 years
Poland – 20 years
Singapore – 30 years
Spain – 50 years
Switzerland – 50 years
Argentina – 65 years
India – 65 year; and
AAM, USA – 100 years

7. The meeting was adjourned at 6.00pm.

Posted by Australia at 11:45 am 0 Comments

Added over 2 years ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to Collective Europe

Posted by at 6:45 pm 0 Comments

Added over 2 years ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am, London time, 22 September 2014.

                                       INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am, London time, 22 September 2014.

Present :    
Mr Jerry Wright – Chairman – in the Chai
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Manuel Sala
Mr George Bohlander
Mr Pedro Silva
Mr Magnus Paulsson

Apologies :
Ms Iwona Szczesna

Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

Chairman advised the meeting that Mr Paul Dovas has resigned from Audited Media Association of Australia and has stepped down from the IFABC Executive Board.

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the Executive Board held 27 August 2014 having been circulated, were taken as read, and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2010-2012

2.1.1 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

Promote the growth of bureaux in new geographies – Mr Manuel Sala reported that there was no new news on the prospective parties attending the GA from South America, He said that he will continue to try with Uruguay as they were a growing market.

2.1.2 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store – in the absence of Ms Iwona Szczesna, Chairman reported that Ms Iwona Szczesna had responded to the comments from the EB members on the new system for collecting data. He asked if everyone was agreeable to table the matter for approval at the Rio GA. Mr George Bohlander referred to an email from Romania on some sort of financial arrangement from the EC. Chairman said that it could take a long time and suggested to keep the two matters separate. This was agreed. He added that he was not agreeable with the title “Press Circulation Database System” and felt that it was limiting. Mr George Bohlander said that the system could focus also on digital data and was not only a print platform. It was agreed that Ms Iwona Szczesna would look into the matter and table the proposal for members’ approval at Rio. Mr George Bohlander asked whether there was a need to speak to Australia about the tie in with the website. Chairman said that there will be no link at the moment but perhaps in the future.

b. Improve internal communications – Website –Chairman said that he had spoken to Ms Heather Craven, the Interim CEO of AMA Australia and she had informed him that AMAA will continue to support the IFABC website. He added that Mr Paul Dovas and Mr Manuel Sala were asked to present a proposal to increase the traffic to the website. Mr Manuel Sala said that he had spoken to his team and will be coming out with two proposals – firstly to focus on marketing issues and how the IFABC members’ help businesses obtain transparent and accountable data; and secondly to better position the website through SEO and improve the content on the website. He would need a budget to do it. Chairman requested him to table the proposals at the next EB meeting.

Chairman said that the IFABC received a data enquiry at least once a month and there was an opportunity to promote the availability of the data more widely.

2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. ‘Hybrid’ Online Audience Measurement – Mr George Bohlander reported that he had spoken to Mr Richard Foan who will be discussing at the Rio meeting the work done exploring the opportunity to develop global standards and guidelines for ‘Hybrid’ System – at present there was no demand from advertisers and buyers for this. At the moment Mr George Bohlander said that the key issues were on Brand Safety and Mobile measurement and they would be discussed further at the GA.

b. Digital Editions and Publications – Mr George Bohlander said that he had forwarded the draft guidelines for digital media to the EB members. If it was in order, then it will be tabled at the Rio meeting. He said that the committee will be looking at sharing the guidelines with other bodies like FIPP etc to get their support. Chairman said that he had no objections with the proposal. He wanted to know how the guidelines will be promoted and communicated by IFABC and for the endorsement of other bodies. He said that he could request the PR Agency to develop a proposal. He requested Mr George Bohlander to first get the committee to make a recommendation pre/post Rio. The PR agency could then take it forward in an integrated communications plan.

2.1.4 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer said that although reminders had been sent to the new contact in China he had not received their dues for 2014. He said that the matter would be tabled at the Rio meeting for a decision.

Treasurer said that the secretaries had requested for the finalized budgets for 2015 and 2016 as they had to submit it to the members before the Rio meeting. He continued and said that he had taken into account the cost for the new data collecting system and the increase in secretarial fees. Chairman said that he felt that the budgets were in order and the EB agreed to submit it to the members.

Treasurer said that the online banking facility was still not in operation as the bankers had requested for another two weeks to set it up.

3. IFABC GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2014 – Treasurer reported that with the resignation of Mr Paul Dovas (the APABC Chairman), there was still a need to convene an APABC meeting in Rio. The Executive Board authorized the Treasurer to convene the APABC regional meeting in Rio.

Mr Pedro Silva said that 12 delegates had registered for the GA. He said that he would be speaking to Asia Pacific members as there was a gap in the attendance from that region.

On the speakers front they had confirmed an agency speaker, Cynthia Evans from MEC/Group M but was still waiting to confirm an advertiser speaker.

On the Agenda, he said that it had been finalized. On Thursday, where there were two sessions on sharing best practices, he hoped that Bureaux attending the GA could spend some time to share their perspectives.

Mr Pedro Silva said that he had no plans to make this event a big show in Brazil with PR. However, he would be preparing media releases. Chairman said that he will liaise with the global PR agency on the pre/post publicity.

Chairman said that he had obtained the first draft on the Future of ABCs and had provided his comments to the author. He will circulate the draft to the EB members for their inputs. He planned to table the final report at the next EB meeting.

.
4. NEXT MEETING – 20 October 2014

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

5.1 Croatia – Chairman said that Croatia had raised an issue with the activities of Serbia and the matter was under consideration by the IFABC Europe President.

Posted by Australia at 4:39 pm 0 Comments