Added over 3 years ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to IO Technologies

Posted by at 12:19 am 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am (London time), Monday – 22 April 2014

                                            INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am (London time), Monday – 22 April 2014

Present :
Mr Jerry Wright – President – in the Chair
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr George Bohlander
Mr Paul Dovas
Ms Ivona Szczesna
Mr Pedro Silva
Mr Magnus Paulsson
Mr Manuel Sala

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10 March 2014 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2010 – 2012

2.1.1 Role of IFABC / Industry Advocacy
a. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – Mr Manuel Sala said that he was waiting for Mr Roberto Moreyra to provide the contacts for three Latin American countries, Uruguay, Chile and Dominican Republic, where they felt that at least two of these countries may take the initiatives to establish a bureau. Chairman said that the contacts could be invited as guests to the GA in Rio. In response to a question, the Secretaries said that there has been no response from Nepal, Pakistan, Kenya and South Africa. Chairman requested that a note be sent to each of them.

b. IFABC Constitution – The Secretaries said that they had visited the Registry of Societies (ROS) office in Singapore and had addressed the question of the ‘secretaries’ with them. ROS had requested that the Secretary, who must represent an FABC Member, would be appointed from the elected Executive Board. Chairman said that notwithstanding this amendment, the Board would still be able to appoint a secretarial company.
The Secretaries reported that they had paid the S$130-00 for the approval of the amendments to the Constitution.

The Secretaries also reported that they had informed the ROS that IFABC will not be able to hold the General Assembly by June 2014 but would do so by November 2014. ROS had advised that the society is self-governed by its Constitution, which is the contract that governed the rights and liabilities of the members inter se. ROS did not have the power and authority under the Societies Act to grant any approval for the society to defer the AGM to be held at a date that is later than the one stated in your Constitution. ROS advised that IFABC seek the consensus from all the voting Members for the deferment of the AGM. It was noted that Members had agreed at the GA in Spain to hold the GA at the convenience of the host country.

2.1.2 Knowledge Sharing / Business Development
a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that that a reminder had been sent to all Members informing them of their missing data (newspapers and magazines), they were expected to submit the data by the end of April. She added that she would be presenting an update of the data at the IFABC Europe meeting. She will then request Members for their 2013 data.

b. Improve internal communications – Mr Paul Dovas said that no requests had been received from Members for any change or additions to the site. Ms Iwona Szczesna sought the analytics traffic data for the website. Mr Dovas said that he would provide at the next meeting.

c. Event Audits – Mr Paul Dovas said that there was nothing to report.

2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement
a. ‘Hybrid’ Online Audience Measurement – Mr George Bohlander said that the Committee would be meeting on 24 April. The Committee had decided to move from Hybrid certification to some alternate ideas. The Committee was considering 2 priorities i.e. Online Brand Safety and Online Audience Profile analytics.

He will request Mr Richard Foan to discuss this at the IFABC Europe meeting.

b. Digital Editions and Publications – Mr George Bohlander said that he was trying to reach the Chairman of the Committee to arrange a meeting. He would be presenting the results of the survey done amongst the members.

c. I-COM – Report on I-COM conference themes and insights including D-MIB discussion – Chairman said that there was an interesting discussion amongst the D-MIB group consisting of ABCs from the UK, Brazil, India, BPAWW, France, the Media Ratings Council (MRC) from the US and a number of research JICs. Chairman had co-chaired the meeting, which was later joined by a panel of senior advertisers.

Chairman said that it has become clear that MRC was increasingly indicating that they were going to operate outside of the US to accommodate their clients. IFABC will have to consider how this move would affect the ABCs around the world. Chairman said that together with key advertisers the meeting had developed a couple of key charts about the challenges faced by both groups. It was important to understand what the major advertisers and major digital publishers wanted. Mr Pedro Silva said that it was important to hear from AAM and getting them engaged on the matter. Chairman said that he would be having a meeting with Mr Tom Drouillard of AAM in London soon. Chairman said that consideration would have to be given to the implications of developments of the possible value of global standards and global audits.

It was noted that MRC was working closely with Ernst &Young as a supplier of audit services. Chairman said that ABC’s could not ignore them as the direction they were heading was quite clear. He felt that they may be were open to collaboration as they recognize that they were getting into areas very new to them likely to be the English speaking and the European markets in the first instance. Mr Pedro Silva said that MRC was already in Mexico.

Mr George Bohlander asked if any documents were available. Chairman said that he would look into the matter.

Mr Manuel Sala asked whether IFABC should engage with IAB Europe. It was agreed to discuss this at the IFABC Europe meeting.
Mr Paul Dovas asked whether MRC should be invited to speak at the GA. Chairman said that it was a possibility to be explored.

2.1.4 Governance and Finance
a. Finance –
- 2014 Membership Fees - Treasurer reported that the 2014 Membership fees was outstanding from Mexico, Singapore, People’s Republic of China (SPAC) and France. He sought the help from Mr Magnus Paulsson and Mr Manuel Sala to liaise with France and Mexico respectively. He said that he had not billed Norway and will do so soon. Singapore had raised a number of questions which he had answered and hoped that they will settle soon.

Treasurer said that ABC B&H had indicated that they were not in operations for six months and would be unable to settle the Membership dues. He proposed suspending them. In response to a question from the Chairman, it was noted that the email from ABC B&H has not been responded too. Discussion ensued and it was agreed to write to them that if they were unable to pay, their Membership would be suspended. Chairman requested Mr Magnus Paulsson to write to them. IFABC Europe will then make a recommendation to the IFABC on the position of ABC B&H’s position. It was agreed to review the position of those who have not paid in early May.

- Invoices – the following were approved for payment:
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd – Invoice No 015/04/2014 for € 3,496-00 being professional fees in respect of secretarial services and out of pocket expenses for the period January 2014 to March 2014

Howell Penny – Invoice No 6839-0 for £ 360-00 being creation of variants of the IFABC logo membership logo.

MGI N Rajan Associates, Singapore – Invoice No 0083 for S$ 1,150-25 being professional fees and tax in respect of the audit of the IFABC annual accounts for the year 2013

RR Consultants Pte Ltd – Invoice No 16 for S$ 520-00 being professional fees toward the taxation services for year ended 31 December 2013

- Annual Media Audit Fees – Treasurer reported that 23 Members had submitted the figures and he had categorized them based on the 4 levels. He added that he would be informing the Members if they were changing their fee level based on the total annual media audit fees.

- Balance in IFABC Bank Account in HSBC Singapore - € 93,567-95.

- Budgets for the year 2015 & 2016 - it was agreed that a review of the budgets would be done during the August/September meeting.

- Proposed Membership Fees for 2015 & 2016 – Treasurer tabled the proposal which saw no increase for 2015 and a slight increase for the 2016 Membership fees. He said that the increased amounts were insignificant. Chairman requested Members to think about the proposals.

3. IFABC GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2014 – Mr Pedro said that there was a good discussion on digital in general at the I-COM conference. He added that the industry was paying great attentionto the merging different screens and the matter was becoming more important.There were some interesting ideas from comScore on metrics. He said that GA should discuss advancing into digital – not websites only, but matters on brand safety, view ability etc. However, he was proposing that in keeping with the discussion by the Digital Standards and Measurement committees, the agenda will be around these areas.

Treasurer said that he was surprised to learn at the I-COM meeting how the entire world was working with digital metrics, how they use the data to make money. He said he had informed his digital publishers how much of their data and their clients data was being analyzed and sold by many analytical companies.

Chairman said that the meeting had also discussed the extent to which video/TV/internet measurement was becoming more difficult to separate and the growing need on the agency side for common metrics across these sectors.

Mr Pedro Silva said that he had sent out the initial letter informing Members of the GA, the accommodation available and the travel options. He was working on the website for Members to register for the GA.

The Secretaries tabled the matter of the content for the Bureau Activity Report. There were inputs from Mr George Bohlander and Mr Dovas. Chairman said that if Members had any comments they should make it soon. Treasurer and Ms Iwona Szczesna said that they were of the opinion that there was no necessity to print the reports but it could be put into an electronic format and/or linked on the website. The Secretaries wanted to know if there was a need to design the digital version and this was agreed. It was further agreed that two digital reports would be published – one containing the whole report for Members and one to outsiders leaving out the sensitive information. Mr George Bohlander asked if the matter was budgeted. Treasurer said that it will be managed from the GA costs.

4. NEXT MEETING – The next meeting of the Executive Board will be held 10 am (London time) on 7 May 2014. The meeting will be held in Zagreb. The call in number and code remained the same.

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

5.1 Mr Paul Dovas spoke of the funeral service which was held for Gloria Jarman. Discussion took place and it was agreed to make a donation of € 75 towards the charity for elephants which was supported by her.

Posted by Australia at 3:26 pm 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to RadiumOne

Posted by at 7:55 pm 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to ad4mat

Posted by at 6:00 pm 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

comScore Receives ABC Certification for Content Verification

Posted by at 9:00 pm 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

ABC delivers Online Brand Safety Verification

Posted by at 9:30 am 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

ABC delivers verification for online brand safety to AD2ONE

Posted by at 9:30 am 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

Crimtan receives ABC verification for online brand safety

Posted by at 9:30 am 0 Comments

Added over 3 years ago

ABC delivers verification for online brand safety to Unruly

Posted by at 9:30 am 0 Comments