Added 7 months ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 5 July 2016.

                                         INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 5 July 2016.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Richard Foan – Secretary
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Ms Josanne Ryan
Mr Tom Drouillard
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Ms Arina Ureche

Apologies :
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Manuel Sala

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the meeting of the Executive Board held 9 June 2016 having been circulated, were taken as read, and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC General Assembly 2016 – Chairman said that the recently concluded 27th General Assembly was successful in addressing various revenue opportunities in the digital measurement area. He hoped Members will participate in the projects that were being planned.
Census Report – Chairman said that he had no opportunity to speak with Ms Carolyn Morgan but will do so. Mr Richard Foan said that he was meeting with her and will also raise the matter of an annual report be done.
Ms Iwona Szczesna said that as the recording of the interview on the Advertisers Perspective was not available, perhaps Mr Richard Foan could provide the key highlights from the session. Mr Richard Foan said that he will check with the speaker first.
GA Host 2018 – Mr Tom Drouillard said that AAM will host the GA 2018 in USA, location has not been decided as yet. Chairman thanked Mr Drouillard for agreeing to host the GA. Mr Richard Foan said that there was a suggestion whether the IFABC GA could be tied up with another event taking place at the same time. This may make it more interesting for those attending. Chairman said that more details should be communicated to the Members by middle of next year.
Mr Richard Foan said a big thank you to Mr Marco Bernasconi and Mr Roland Achermann for having organized a very successful GA in Ascona.

3. IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018
3.1 Three Projects:

a. OOH – Chairman said that he will arrange a tele-conference with interested parties in September/October 2016. Then he will arrange a physical location where the parties can meet to discuss and make some concrete decisions.

b. Viewability – Secretary said that Mr Tom Drouillard and he had a catch up call to discuss this matter. Going forward, he will be sending a note, supported by Mr Tom Drouillard, to the Members to find out who would be interested in participating in this project. Thereafter a tele-conference will be held amongst the interested parties. It was a hot topic in many markets but not in all markets. There was an expectation in digital that it was 100% measurable. The money at risk was growing and therefore there was an opportunity with an ABC stamp. The 1st stage was to understand the causes of the discrepancies. In terms of what ABCs could deliver, it could be a certificate and the ad stamp against industry criteria. Perhaps ABC can develop a single set of criteria that ABCs could use and not many ones in different markets. It may not be commercially viable but will keep ABC in front of mind in digital ad trading environments. The second opportunity was to deliver measurement of individual ad campaigns to make it easier for people to trade and avoid using lawyers to judge numbers of a campaign. The third opportunity was to consider a closed study on the level of viewability rather like the exercise on ad blocking done in Brazil. Ms Josanne Ryan said that she would be interested to participate.

c. Ad Block – Chairman said that he will work on a plan to explain what has been done between AAM and IVC and circulate to Members to seek their interest in the project.

3.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy
a. General Principles of IFABC – in the absence of Ms Arina Ureche and Mr Manuel Sala there was no report.

b. Promote the growth of bureaux in new geographies – Chairman said that he would ask Mr Manuel Sala whether he would want to continue to handle this portfolio. Chairman said that currently membership was open to Bureaux which conducted circulation and measurement of other media. However, with the change in name in ‘Certification’ IFABC had no links to circulation by definition. It could mean that purely digital and other types of Boards/ABC could now be able to join the IFABC. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that there was a need for more details. Chairman said that he will present a proposal.

3.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development –
a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that the free access to the data has been closed. Members have been advised to contact the administrator for their password and login access. However, she reported that very few Members have been in contact with the administrator. She requested the Executive Board Members to go and update their data. The Secretaries were requested to reminder the Members to contact the administrator.

b. Improved internal communications – website – Ms Josanne Ryan said she had no update as yet as Ms Heather Craven who was managing the portfolio was on leave and she was unable to get an update on the current situation. She said that she would be happy to continue to manage the website. A Member asked if there were any analytics on the website to ascertain the traffic to the website by Members. A suggestion was made that perhaps highlights from the minutes be sent to the members to inform them of the key activities of the Executive Board. Ms Josanne Ryan said that she would think about doing it.

c. Communications/PR – Chairman said that he would be making a report by the end of the month.

3.4 Digital Standards and Measurement
a. Digital Standards and Measurement – Mr Richard Foan said that the video metrics will be uploaded to the website. He said that he had received no requests for any other areas of discussion.

3.5 Governance & Finance

a. Finance – in the absence of the Treasurer, Chairman said that the Treasurer had submitted a report.
Annual Membership 2016 - It was that the following were outstanding:
Bureau Euro
Mexico € 500
SPAC China € 1,400

Invoices for approval – the following were approved for payment:
- WEMF AG FUR WERBEMEDIENFOSCHUNG – Invoice 01-16 dated 21 June 2016 amounting to €2,855-00 being Speakers expenses (€953), Dinner at GA on 6.6.2016 (€1,352) and GA fees for IFABC secretaries (€ 550)
- WEMF AG FUR WERBEMEDIENFOSCHUNG – Invoice 01-16 dated 21.6.16 for €15,000 being reimbursement of expenses incurred on GA at Ascona on behalf of IFABC
- Audit Bureau of Circulations Ltd, UK – Invoice 48809 dated 17 .6.16 for GBP £ 950 being reimbursement of Richard Foan’s cost of attending IFABC meeting in Switzerland

Balance in IFABC Bank Account – HSBC Bank Singapore - € 81,529-18

Mr Tom Drouillard said that the IFABC will quickly run out of money if prudent measures were not taken soon.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a. Next meeting – the next tele- conference meeting of the Executive Board will be held 2 August 2016 at 12 noon (London time).

b. Bureau Reports – Seven bureau had not submitted their Bureau Reports although it was an obligation by them to do so. Chairman said that he would write to them and request them to submit.

Bookmark and Share

Posted by Australia at 5:31 pm 0 Comments

Have your say

Name
Comment

Next: ABC launches verification service to reduce risk of exposure to ad-fraud

Previous: ABC launches first Worldwide Brand Report