Added over 4 years ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 11am (Vienna time) 15 May 2013.

                                             INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 11am (Vienna time)
15 May 2013.

Present                                    Mr Jerry Wright – President – in the Chair
                                                   Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
                                                   Mr George Bohlander
                                                   Mr Paul Dovas
                                                   Mr Eusebio Serrano
                                                   Ms Iwona Szczesna
                                                   Mr Magnus Paulsson
                                                   Mr Pedro Silva

In Attendance :                      Mr J Matthews representing
                                                   Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
                                                   Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the meeting of the Executive Board held 15 April 2013 having been circulated, were taken as read and approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2010-2013

2.1.1 Role of IFABC/Industry

a. IFABC Name Change discussion –Chairman said that the Secretaries had circulated a list of the replies received from Members on their preferences. The Secretaries said that the 20 replies received it indicated that:

- 4 Members were in favour of Option 1 (Do nothing – stay as we are with the new logo and present name and initials)
- 9 Members were in favour of Option 2 (Keep the IFABC initials as the name and logo, but add afterwards a new descriptor such as for e.g. “IFABC – the International Federation of Media Auditing Organisations)
- 7 Members were in favour of Option 3 (Change the initials, logo and name to, for e.g. ‘IFMAO – the International Federation of Media Auditing Organisations”)

Chairman said it seemed that Members were not too keen on moving away from the initials IFABC. There were concerns on some of the language being proposed –e.g media auditing, which has a different meaning and is not what members do. He suggested that for Phase 1, the Executive Board explore Option 2 by retaining the initials IFABC and find a descriptor of what ABCs do; for Phase II – then move on to change the initials at a later stage, date to be reviewed later. Names such as ‘media verifying organization; circulation verification’ etc were mentioned. Mr Paul Dovas agreed to assist with the names/descriptor.

b. Promote the growth of bureaux in new geographies – Mr Eusebio Serrano said that he had held a meeting with Mr Pedro Silva, Mr Paul Dovas and Ms Iwona Szczesna on how to manage the process of inviting countries to set up a bureau in their areas. He tabled a list of 18 potential countries in Europe/EMEA, Latin America and Asia. He said that for a start he had written to them to consider the setting up of a bureau with the help of IFABC. He added that he would also be making a presentation on the subject at IFABC Europe meeting.

c. Not-for-Profit principle – Chairman said that this matter would be discussed at the IFABC Europe meeting.

d. External PR 2013 – Chairman said that he had raised Ms Iwona’s and Mr Bohlander’s concerns about with the PR agency. He had requested them to provide a reconciliation of the hours worked half yearly. He added that he had not pushed hard at this point to have the cost reduced further, as the fees were already low.

2.1.2 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge Store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that she had received new data from Belgium. She would check with the Members at the IFABC Europe meeting whether they were now ready to submit the latest data for 2012. 

b. Improve internal communications – Mr Paul Dovas said that he would need another week for the classification of the new stories. Chairman asked whether any tracking of traffic could be done on the site. Mr Dovas said that the site had no analytics installed as yet. He will look into it.

2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. ‘Hybrid’ Online Audience Measurement – Mr George Bohlander said that the matter would be discussed at the IFABC Europe meeting. He said that there was good engagement with agencies and the results will be reported at the IFABC Europe meeting. Mr Paul Dovas asked the Chairman whether there was an update on the commitment industry bodies such as the ABC's gave at the I-Com Rome conference to the support the 3Ms project, including the work on Viewable Impressions. Chairman said that there was some discussion in the market on how robust view-ability measurements were at this time and that there was no concrete IFABC programme in place. At the GA in Madrid it was agreed to wait and see how the matter develops and the matter would be further discussed at the Europe meeting.

Chairman asked Mr Paul Dovas the situation on digital measurement. Mr Dovas said that the industry was going to terminate the agreement with Nielsen. AAMA was now seeking technology partners to tender for the measurement contract. The metrics the industry wanted were page impressions, unique browsers, unique devices and two others. There were plans to look at audience data based on hybrid solutions to give – reliable numbers for smaller sites.

b. Digital Editions and Publications - Mr George Bohlander said that this would be discussed at the IFABC Europe meeting. Members requested Mr Bohlander to speak to Mr Glenn Hansen to seek the progress in this area.

c. ABC of 2015 – Chairman said that he would be making a presentation to the IFABC Europe meeting today. He said that there was a proposal to look at value added services for Members and asked how that could be achieved. Mr George Bohlander said that there will be a short presentation on supporting services, on all the tools that Members could share with each other and to promote- more co-operation to the benefit of smaller bureaux.

d. Event Audits – Mr Paul Dovas said that he would be sending out a survey soon and will present at the next meeting. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that there were a number of Bureaux which were keen to look at event audits but were waiting for some information from the committee. She hoped it could be done soon.

2.1.4 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer tabled a report for the month. The following Members had not paid their 2013 Membership fees despite two reminders – Mexico, SPAC, B&H (Affiliate). Chairman said that a final reminder should be sent and a decision be taken at the next Executive Board meeting.

IFABC had billed I-COM a sum of €2,034-00 being the commission receivable on IFABC delegates attending the I-COM meeting.

Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd – the bill from the secretaries amounting € 4,350-60 being professional fees and out of pocket expenses for the months January 2013 to March 2013 was approved for payment.

Eulogy – IFABC PR – a bill was awaited from them although a payment of £ 950-00 had been approved at the previous meeting.

Balance in the HSBC bank in Singapore - € 71,963-46

b. CAC – Secretaries said that they had advised CAC that their Regular Membership in the IFABC had dissolved since their merger with AAM. CAC, in their reply had wished IFABC well.

3. NEXT MEETING – the next meeting of the Executive Board will be held 10am, London time, 17 June 2013.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

4.1 IFABC Europe – Mr George Bohlander said that 20 Members from 13 countries will be gathering for the IFABC Europe Meeting starting today.

4.2 MRS – Chairman requested the Secretaries to send the details to Members to find out if any Bureau would be interested in being an audit partner to them in their region.

4.3 Webit – Chairman requested Members to submit any comments they may have on the request for a partnership agreement with the Webit Congress in Istanbul.

Bookmark and Share

Posted by Australia at 10:57 am 1 Comments

Comments

said over 4 years ago

test 

Have your say

Name
Comment

Next: IFABC EUROPE MEETING IN VIENNA – 15/16 May 2013

Previous: Dawson Media Direct (DMD) delight at ABC associate accreditation