Added over 2 years ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am, London time, 22 September 2014.

                                       INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am, London time, 22 September 2014.

Present :    
Mr Jerry Wright – Chairman – in the Chai
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Manuel Sala
Mr George Bohlander
Mr Pedro Silva
Mr Magnus Paulsson

Apologies :
Ms Iwona Szczesna

Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

Chairman advised the meeting that Mr Paul Dovas has resigned from Audited Media Association of Australia and has stepped down from the IFABC Executive Board.

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the Executive Board held 27 August 2014 having been circulated, were taken as read, and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2010-2012

2.1.1 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

Promote the growth of bureaux in new geographies – Mr Manuel Sala reported that there was no new news on the prospective parties attending the GA from South America, He said that he will continue to try with Uruguay as they were a growing market.

2.1.2 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store – in the absence of Ms Iwona Szczesna, Chairman reported that Ms Iwona Szczesna had responded to the comments from the EB members on the new system for collecting data. He asked if everyone was agreeable to table the matter for approval at the Rio GA. Mr George Bohlander referred to an email from Romania on some sort of financial arrangement from the EC. Chairman said that it could take a long time and suggested to keep the two matters separate. This was agreed. He added that he was not agreeable with the title “Press Circulation Database System” and felt that it was limiting. Mr George Bohlander said that the system could focus also on digital data and was not only a print platform. It was agreed that Ms Iwona Szczesna would look into the matter and table the proposal for members’ approval at Rio. Mr George Bohlander asked whether there was a need to speak to Australia about the tie in with the website. Chairman said that there will be no link at the moment but perhaps in the future.

b. Improve internal communications – Website –Chairman said that he had spoken to Ms Heather Craven, the Interim CEO of AMA Australia and she had informed him that AMAA will continue to support the IFABC website. He added that Mr Paul Dovas and Mr Manuel Sala were asked to present a proposal to increase the traffic to the website. Mr Manuel Sala said that he had spoken to his team and will be coming out with two proposals – firstly to focus on marketing issues and how the IFABC members’ help businesses obtain transparent and accountable data; and secondly to better position the website through SEO and improve the content on the website. He would need a budget to do it. Chairman requested him to table the proposals at the next EB meeting.

Chairman said that the IFABC received a data enquiry at least once a month and there was an opportunity to promote the availability of the data more widely.

2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. ‘Hybrid’ Online Audience Measurement – Mr George Bohlander reported that he had spoken to Mr Richard Foan who will be discussing at the Rio meeting the work done exploring the opportunity to develop global standards and guidelines for ‘Hybrid’ System – at present there was no demand from advertisers and buyers for this. At the moment Mr George Bohlander said that the key issues were on Brand Safety and Mobile measurement and they would be discussed further at the GA.

b. Digital Editions and Publications – Mr George Bohlander said that he had forwarded the draft guidelines for digital media to the EB members. If it was in order, then it will be tabled at the Rio meeting. He said that the committee will be looking at sharing the guidelines with other bodies like FIPP etc to get their support. Chairman said that he had no objections with the proposal. He wanted to know how the guidelines will be promoted and communicated by IFABC and for the endorsement of other bodies. He said that he could request the PR Agency to develop a proposal. He requested Mr George Bohlander to first get the committee to make a recommendation pre/post Rio. The PR agency could then take it forward in an integrated communications plan.

2.1.4 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer said that although reminders had been sent to the new contact in China he had not received their dues for 2014. He said that the matter would be tabled at the Rio meeting for a decision.

Treasurer said that the secretaries had requested for the finalized budgets for 2015 and 2016 as they had to submit it to the members before the Rio meeting. He continued and said that he had taken into account the cost for the new data collecting system and the increase in secretarial fees. Chairman said that he felt that the budgets were in order and the EB agreed to submit it to the members.

Treasurer said that the online banking facility was still not in operation as the bankers had requested for another two weeks to set it up.

3. IFABC GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2014 – Treasurer reported that with the resignation of Mr Paul Dovas (the APABC Chairman), there was still a need to convene an APABC meeting in Rio. The Executive Board authorized the Treasurer to convene the APABC regional meeting in Rio.

Mr Pedro Silva said that 12 delegates had registered for the GA. He said that he would be speaking to Asia Pacific members as there was a gap in the attendance from that region.

On the speakers front they had confirmed an agency speaker, Cynthia Evans from MEC/Group M but was still waiting to confirm an advertiser speaker.

On the Agenda, he said that it had been finalized. On Thursday, where there were two sessions on sharing best practices, he hoped that Bureaux attending the GA could spend some time to share their perspectives.

Mr Pedro Silva said that he had no plans to make this event a big show in Brazil with PR. However, he would be preparing media releases. Chairman said that he will liaise with the global PR agency on the pre/post publicity.

Chairman said that he had obtained the first draft on the Future of ABCs and had provided his comments to the author. He will circulate the draft to the EB members for their inputs. He planned to table the final report at the next EB meeting.

.
4. NEXT MEETING – 20 October 2014

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

5.1 Croatia – Chairman said that Croatia had raised an issue with the activities of Serbia and the matter was under consideration by the IFABC Europe President.

Bookmark and Share

Posted by Australia at 4:39 pm 0 Comments

Have your say

Name
Comment

Next: ABC issues EDAA Trust Seal to Collective Europe

Previous: ABC issues first UK online ad viewability report