Added over 4 years ago
INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS
Minutes of a tele conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10am, London time, 14 January 2013
Present : Mr Jerry Wright – president – in the Chair
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Eusebio Serrano
Mr Magnus Paulsson
Mr Paul Dovas
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Pedro Silva
Mr George Bohlander
In Attendance : Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation
1. MINUTES : The minutes of the meeting of the Executive Board held 17 December 2012 having been circulated, were taken as read, and confirmed.
2. MATTERS ARISING:
2.1 IFABC Workplan 2010-2012
2.1.1 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy
a. IFABC Logo – Chairman said that the new logo has been loaded on the website and it fitted well in the newly designed website. Chairman said that the announcement of the logo change has been sent out to all Members on Friday and they could download the artwork and the guidelines for using the logo.
Name change - Chairman said that the Secretaries had circulated suggestions made on the change of name:
- International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Communication
- International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Certification
- International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Compliance
- International Federation of Audit Bureaux across Channels
- International Federation of Auditing Businesses for Compliance
- International Federation of Assurance for Business Companies
- International Federation for Audited Media
Chairman said that there was a need for more ideas from around the table. He suggested that they look at what had been suggested and come out with other proposals. Mr George Bohlander proposed to keep the initials “IFABC’ but refer to the organization as “International Federation for Audited Media”. Mr Eusebio Serrano was supportive of the proposal.
Chairman requested the Executive Board members to send their comments.
b. Promote the growth of bureaux in new geographies – Mr Eusebio Serrano said that he will be holding a tele-conference with three potential people (Ms Iwona Szczesna, Mr Paul Dovas and Mr Pedro Silva) to discuss this matter.
Not-for Profit principle – The Secretaries said that they had circulated a draft to amend Clause 6.13. The draft read “Notwithstanding the provisions of this clause, a General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Executive Board given that special circumstances exist, may grant Full Membership to an organization that does not have tripartite participation or does not operate on the ‘principles of not-for-profit.’ The Executive Board is entitled to make the recommendation to the General Assembly provided the applicant is unable to fulfill one of the conditions.”
Treasurer said that he had re-worded the Clause to read “Notwithstanding the provisions of this clause, the Executive Board may at its discretion decided to grant full membership to an organization which does not either have tripartite participation OR does not operate on the principle of ‘not-for-profit’. However, the Executive Board’s decision is required to be accepted /ratified by the General Assembly.”
The Secretaries pointed out that only a simple majority of Members can approve an application. The Executive Board can only recommend to the General Assembly.
It was decided to amend the Treasurer’s draft to read “Notwithstanding the provisions of this clause, the Executive Board may at its discretion recommend to grant full membership to an organization which does not either have tripartite participation or does not operate on the principle of ‘not-for-profit’. However, the Executive Board’s decision is required to be accepted /ratified by the General Assembly.”
It was agreed to write to Members proposing the amendment and seek their views.
2.1.2 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development
a. Central Knowledge Store - Ms Iwona Szczesna said that further to the reminder from the Secretaries she had received data from three more bureaux. She added that once the data was loaded on the website, the Secretaries would send a reminder to members about providing the outstanding data. It may encourage Members to participate in the project and draw attention to the resource area on the website. At the moment she was not recommending to start with magazines.
b. Improve internal communications – Website – Mr Paul Dovas said that those who had registered at the site would have received a notification from the website on a new posting in the Forum, where they will be able to add comments/issues on the blog/Forum. On the members section, structural work on the backend was on going to make things easier for members to navigate. The system was being tested. A new button was being added that would allow one to get back to the members section from the home page. Mr George Bohlander asked whether there was anything more to do. Mr Paul Dovas said that the menu structure was being finalized and this will be followed by training those who will be able to add content to the site. The Secretaries said that the Bureaux Reports was uploaded in the members section.
In response to a question from Mr George Bohlander on whether the amended Bylaws had been placed on the site, the Secretaries said that they were awaiting the approval from the Registry of Societies Singapore before doing so.
Ms Iwona Szczesna said that she had not received the notification from the website, although she had been registered. It was agreed to inform Members to register at the website so that they could receive the notifications of new postings. Chairman hoped that the FIPP article had been put up. Mr Eusebio Serrano said that there was no link to the GA proceedings. He said that he will investigate together with Mr Paul Dovas. Chairman said that Members who had news, could add it to the news feed on the website.
2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement
a. ‘Hybrid’ Online Audience Measurement – Mr George Bohlander said that Mr Richard Foan, Mr Manuel Salas, Mr Pedro Silva, Mr Paul Dovas and he had a tele-conference on the next steps. It was decided that this project will not be integrated with the web standard group, but the present members will be responsible for this project. Mr Richard Foan will check with Mr Michael Lavery for joining the group. A couple of action points were discussed and were divided between the members. The Committee will start a dialogue with advertisers (WFA) and agencies (EACA) and some commercial contacts. There will be a press release as soon as possible. The key questions will be answered including what we have to audit.
b. Digital Editions and Publications – Mr George Bohlander reported that there was no activity within the Digital Committee. Although the committee had established definitions and principles it was not elaborated with the audit rules and procedures. Chairman said that perhaps the Executive Board members who were in the Digiatl Committee should send a note to Mr Glenn Hansen to schedule a meeting to review the position. Mr George Bohlander agreed to do so.
c. ABC of 2015 – Chairman said that the recent General Assembly had obtained good comments from the members who had responded to the IFABC survey. He referred to Question 8 of the survey and said that Executive Board members should look at the responses and it may help the Board to revise the workplan for 2013-2014.
The answers to the question “What issues do you think IFABC should address over the coming two years? were:
- Why only a few countries are active. Why important countries like Germany and France are missing? New business models (other than digital measurements)
- Talk more about situations and problems of respective members for seeking appropriate solutions’
- Changing nature of the publishing model and the relevance of the ABC name
- Make sure that max countries will attend and more participation
- Multiplatform traffic audit and user and reader’s profile audited as well by ABC bureaux
- Average daily global audience approach used by FT (http://fttoolkit.co.uk/admediakit/ft_adga.html) Google as global partner for IFABC
- The objectives of IFABC, what are the main objectives of the association and the actions to take. A description of the way each bureau is organized, the internal organisatoric rules of each country
- Perhaps the right business model for IFABC and fellow ABC countries, and of course continuously drive the clarity on auditing the digital space
- Finding new ways of cooperation between the bureaux by establishing a common audit system, applicable on different platforms
Ms Iwona Szczesna said that a reminder be sent to Members to request them to complete the survey. This was agreed.
d. Event Audits – Mr Paul Dovas said that he had posted a question on the Forum and was awaiting responses.
2.1.4 Governance and Finance
a. Finance – Treasurer tabled the following invoices for payment:
- Cyberdesign Works – Invoice No 26817-1 for A$ 473-00 being cost of IFABC website updates and maintenance; Invoice 26873-1 for A$ 445-50 being cost to add facility to allow the public to register as member on the IFABC website
Mr Paul Dovas said that he wanted to obtain some information from
Cyberdesign before their invoices were paid.
- Howell Penny – Invoice No 6076-0 for € 1,800-00 being cost of creation of IFABC logo guidelines book and various templates of IFABC logo
Treasurer continued and said that there was a balance of € 43,059-18 in the HSBC bank in Singapore.
As requested by the Executive Board at its last meeting, Treasurer had prepared a statement showing the actual expenses incurred as compared to the budgetary provisions for the year 2012 which showed a deficit of € 40,000 for the year 2012. This was mainly due to expenses incurred on General Assembly, inviting international speakers and incurring expenditure on Branding, New Logo Design, developing a vibrant website and PR activities undertaken throughout the year. Special projects undertaken during 2012 viz. hybrid online measurement and looking to the future – 2015 were appreciated by members at the GA.
Treasurer mentioned that the IFABC accounts for the year 2012 would be put through an audit by Chartered Accountants, M/S MGI-N Rajan Associates, Singapore and then the adited accounts would be presented to the Executive Board.
Annual Membership fees – Treasurer said that he would send out the invoices to Members in the last week of January 2013.
The annual Membership fee that was approved by the GA was:
Total Annual Income from Annual fee for IFABC Member Bureau
Media Audit Services (2012) the year 2013
Level 1 Upto 250,000 425-00 Argentina, Austria, Chinese,Taipei, Czech Republic
Denmark, Finland, Hongkong, Hungary, India,
Italy CSST, Mexico, Malaysia, Norway, Portugal,
Romania, Serbia and Singapore
Level 2 250,001 to 1,000,000 1,250-00 Australia, Belgium, Italy ADS, Korea,Netherlands,
People's Republic of China, Poland
Total Annual Income from Annual fee for IFABC Member Bureau
Media Audit Services (2012) the year 2013
Level 3 1,000,001 to 5,000,000 2,050-00 Brazil, France, Japan, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
USA - CAC
Level 4 5,000,001 above 2,600-00 Germany, UK, USA – ABC, USA- BPA
Affiliate 500-00 B&H
b. Membership - Chairman said that a video conference will take place tomorrow with ABC Hrvatska to seek some clarifications on the application. Mr George Bohlander (IFABC Europe Chairman), the Secretaries and he will be participating.
EB noted that CAC USA was no longer a separate entity and therefore they may not pay the annual membership fees for 2013 separately. The Secretaries was requested to check this aspect.
3. NEXT MEETING – the next meeting over tele-conference will be held 18 February 2013 at 10am London time.
Posted by Australia at 3:57 pm 0 Comments