Added about 1 year ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10.00am London time, 3 September 2015.

                                     INTERNTIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CIRCULATIONS

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 10.00am London time, 3 September 2015.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Jerry Wright – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Ms Heather Craven
Mr Manuel Sala
Mr Magnus Paulsson
Mr Marco Bernasconi

Apologies :
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Ms Arina Ureche

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES:

The minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 4 August 2015 having been circulated, was taken as read and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC Workplan 2014 – 2016

2.1.1 Role of IFABC /Industry Advocacy

a. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – Mr Manuel Sala reported that he had met with the Executive Director and the Chairman of the leading agencies body in Costa Rica. He had explained the role and function of the IFABC and ABCs and had sought to find out if there was a need to establish an ABC there. He was told that there was no real big competition amongst the newspapers there but they were paying high prices for advertisements. He said that they would study the proposal further and will revert with a proposal.

Mr Sala continued and said that there have been no answers from Peru, Chile and Uruguay.
APABC – Ms Heather Craven said that 6 Asian bureau had confirmed attending the planned for APABC meeting in Taipei on 23/24 November 2015. ABC Taipei was looking at the logistics while Mr Richard Foan was putting together the programme. She added that she had circulated a copy of the agenda to the Executive Board Members. She said that other Members were welcome to join the meeting. Attempts were being made to ensure that all APABC members attend the session.

b. WAN/IFRA/World Press Trends Report – the Secretaries reported that they had not heard from the WAN representative on the release of the report. Chairman requested the Secretaries to follow up with them.

2.1.2 Knowledge sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store - in the absence of Ms Iwona Szczesna there was no report. Secretary reported that ABC UK had organized for the data to be uploaded. India, Spain and Brazil had uploaded their data to the system. Mr Marco Bernasconi said that Switzerland had tried but had faced some problems but he was unsure of current status. Ms Heather Craven said that she will again check with the AMA Australia Board as to the possibility of uploading Australian data to the system.

b. Improve internal communications – Website – Ms Heather Craven said that she had nothing to report. Secretary said that he noted that only the ABC UK communications feed was appearing on the IFABC website. He hoped that other Bureaux would do the same. Ms Heather Craven said that she would check to see how it could be made easy for all members to do so. Chairman said that he would also check.

Secretary said that a PR agency had been able to access the IFABC Newsletters from the IFABC website. He had thought that these newsletters were posted on the members section. Ms Craven said that she would check on the security aspects again.

2.1.3 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. Digital Standards and Measurement Committee/Digital Publications Standards Committee – Chairman said that he had spoken to Mr Richard Foan and there nothing to report. On the Digital Publications front it was suggested whether the Committee could consider the impact on publishers from the emergence of digital news stands like Apple NewsStand. Ms Craven spoke about ABC Australia exploring the new platform – Vinio. Mr Marco Bernasconi said that WEMF had tied up ABC UK to deliver Brand Safety and Viewability certification to the Swiss market. Ms Heather Craven said that Australia was doing the same. In response to a question from the Chairman, the Secretary said that the JICWEBS standards was licenced to each country and co-branded report would be delivered. Mr Marco Bernasconi said that the Swiss advertisers association had helped in the matter.

Treasurer said that ABC India was tying up with a technological partner to enter the market to provide digital certification. They would be in competition with comScore.

2.1.4 Workplan

a. Workplan – Chairman reiterated that the main focus, taking into consideration the short term of the Executive Board before the next GA, would be communicating the name change due to the evolving role of ABCs; the global database, the Agenda for the Swiss GA, and following up with the current matters. Over the next nine months to also consider any good projects that could be tabled and presented at the GA.

In response to a questionnaire on webinars, Chairman said that the matter could be discussed when Ms Iwona Szczesna was present.

2.1.5 IFABC Name Change – The Secretary said that he had approached 3 PR firms and had only received two proposals. He felt that the proposal from WithPR was the better of the two proposals. Secretary briefed the Executive Board the approach that WithPR would be undertaking at a cost of £ 2202-25. It was noted that 25 key global titles would be used for the release (in English) including publications in the US and Latin America. IFABC Members would be requested to release it in their markets. The Secretary said that he wanted them to look at further ideas and sought permission for an additional budget of £ 1,500-00. This was agreed. The Secretary said that he would table a firm plan at the next meeting for approval.

2.1.6 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer reported that Mexico has paid their 2015 membership fees. He said that all Members of IFABC were in good standing now.

Bank balance in the IFABC Account – HSBC Bank, Singapore - € 71,664-40

b. Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) – Treasurer reported that he was waiting for a reply to the appeal made.

c. Membership - In response to a question on Denmark, Mr Magnus Paulsson said that he has been liaising with Danish Media. He was encouraging them to join as an Affiliate Member as they were not constituted as a tripartite organization.

2.1.7 Event Audit/Digital Signage – Ms Heather Craven reported that a tele-conference meeting of the Committee had taken place on 26 August where there was a proposal to develop a concept of a guideline for event audit. It would be more of a guide to share the experience of some members rather than a definitive piece; a sort of a guiding paper. Some of the established principles will be shared. She said that once ready the approval of the Committee would be sought before sharing it with the rest.

On Digital Signage, Mr Manuel Sala said that he has not prepared anything because
there was not yet an agreement for the main players in the market.

3. NEXT MEETING – 6 October 2015

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

4.1 General Assembly 2016 – Mr Marco Bernasconi reported that the 2016 GA will be held 6-11 June 2016 at Ascona, Ticino, South of Switzerland. He said that the website containing the details would be ready soon.

Chairman requested the Secretaries to circulate the information to Members as soon as the website was ready.

4.2 The meeting was adjourned at 11.30am.

Bookmark and Share

Posted by Australia at 4:26 pm 0 Comments

Have your say

Name
Comment

Next: ABC issues latest Content Verification Summary Report

Previous: Media iQ renews its EDAA Trust Seal and DTSG Seal of Compliance with ABC