Added 8 months ago

Minutes of a meeting of the Executive Board held 4.30pm, Thursday – 9 June 2016 in Hotel Ascona, Ascona, Switzerland

                                  INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a meeting of the Executive Board held 4.30pm, Thursday – 9 June 2016 in Hotel Ascona, Ascona, Switzerland

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Mr Hormuzd Masani
Mr Richard Foan
Mr Tom Drouillard
Ms Arina Ureche
Ms Josanne Ryan
Mr Manuel Sala

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation.

Chairman welcomed and congratulated the new Executive Board to their first meeting. He thanked Members for their confidence in him to lead the Federation for another term.

1. SECRETARY:
On a proposal by the Chairman and seconded by Ms Iwona Szczesna, and with all present in agreement, Mr Richard Foan was elected the Secretary for the new term.

2. TREASURER:
On a proposal by the Chairman and seconded by Ms Iwona Szczesna, and with all present in agreement, Mr Hormuzd Masani was elected the Treasurer for the new term.

3. BANK SIGNATORIES:
Treasurer said that there was a need to pass a Resolution to effect the change in the signatories to the bank account.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Certification (IFABC) Bank Account No. 260-733720-178 in Euro currency with The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC), 21 Collyer Quay, #7-01 HSBC Building, Singapore 049320 branch be operated by any two signing jointly out of the three authorized signatories, namely:

1. Mr Pedro Silva, President, IFABC
2. Mr Hormuzd B Masani, Hony Treasurer, IFABC
3. Mr Jacob Matthews, Secretariat, IFABC

4. REGISTRY OF SOCIETIES:
The Secretaries said that they will be filing the Annual Returns and the Audited Accounts in due course.

5. EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETINGS:
It was agreed that the Executive Board meetings will be held the 1st Tuesday of the month at 12 noon (London time). Mr Foan sought for flexibility as he was very busy most days.

6. THREE PROJECTS:
Chairman said that Spain/Poland/US/Switzerland/Finland/Australia/Romania/Germany/France had expressed interest at the recent GA in participating in the following projects:
6.1 OOH – Chairman said that he will take charge of this project.

6.2 Viewability – Chairman said that Mr Richard Foan/Mr Tom Drouillard will revert with a proposal on the way forward.

6.3 Ad Block – Chairman said that he will forward the presentation made at the ICOM conference to Members. He will also prepare a paper on what could be the consequence of ad blocking especially when using programmatic buying.

7. IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018:
7.1 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy
7.1.1 General Principles – Arina Ureche and Manuel Sala to develop a set of guiding principles for IFABC.
7.1.2 Strengthening Industry Relations- WFA,WAN/IFRA, FIPP, ICOM and Agencies – Chairman said that there was a need to find the right source to reach WFA. WFA had created IFABC to solve a problem and then had been neglected. There was a need to be a part of their measurement solution/independent supplier.

7.2 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development
7.2.1 Global Data Library – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that the Secretaries will inform Members of the system.
7.2.2 Website – Ms Josanne Ryan said that she would speak to her colleagues to find out the tasks carried out in respect of the website.
7.2.3 Communication/PR – Chairman said that a media release should be released on the new appointments at IFABC. Mr Tom Drouillard said that he would be able to assist and requested Chairman to speak to Ms Susan at his office. He said that it would save the IFABC some funds.

7.3 Digital Standards and Measurement – Chairman/Mr Richard Foan – Chairman said that the future of the Digital Publications and Edition Committee should be reviewed.

7.4 Governance and Finance
7.4.1 Moving HQ – Marco Bernasconi and Mr Hormuzd Masani to consider the possibility of moving the HQ to Switzerland.
7.4.2 Census Reports – Chairman to speak to Ms Carolyn Morgan on the possibility of an annual report.
7.4.3 Finance – Mr Hormuzd Masani said that he will provide the financial statements at the next meeting.

7.5 GA 2018
7.5.1 GA Host - Chairman to speak to Mr Tom Drouillard on hosting the next GA

8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
8.1 Mr Hormuzd Masani reported that Mr Manuel Sala had spoken to Mexico and they will be settling their annual dues in due time.

8.2 Chairman said that he will draft a letter for the Members to advise them of the new Executive Board and other GA matters.

8.3 Next Meeting – the next tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board will be held 12noon (London time), 5 July 2016.

 

Bookmark and Share

Posted by Australia at 3:28 pm 1 Comments

Comments

said 8 months ago

Move to Switserland and pay three times taxes??

Have your say

Name
Comment

Next: A summary from Newsworks on the latest ABC Newsbrands report

Previous: Minutes of the 27th IFABC General Assembly held 8-9 June 2016 in the Hotel Ascona, Ascona, Switzerland.