Added about 1 month ago

Minutes of a teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 3 January 2017.

                                     INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 3 January 2017.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Richard Foan – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Tom Drouillard

Apologies :
Mr Manuel Sala
Ms Josanne Ryan
Ms Arina Ureche

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation.

1.MINUTES: The minutes of the teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 6 December 2016 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2.MATTERS ARISING:

2.2 Membership – Chairman said that the matter to consider the membership admission requirements of those bodies that were not circulation bound, but certification bound would be reviewed in February as a number of Executive Board Members were not present today.

Action : President/EB

3.IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018:

3.1 Projects:

a. OOH – Chairman said that Mr Jean-Paul Dietsch had on 5 December 2016 submitted a report to the Members who had attended the Berlin meeting. He added that as far as he knew no action has been taken on the matter.
Mr Marco Bernasconi said that a meeting of the OOH committee should be held to discuss the next steps.
Chairman said that Brazil would be launching the service this January and the results of Clear Channel would be published. The app was in the production stage and developing the audit panel. However, he said that they had a beta version and if anyone wanted a copy of the results they should write to him. Basically the system got the points for you to report on and replies back to you what you have submitted. It will capture the picture and the time spent.
Mr Tom Drouillard said that he would be talking to parties in the US to see how it could work in the US. He added that he had spoken to Canada and they were looking at it too; however the system was different there. It was important to find out how it will fit into the market.
Secretary said that Mr Simon Redlich also wanted the dialogue to continue. He added that the claim to inventory required validation and there would be a fit for ABCs.
Chairman said that he would speak to Mr Jean-Paul Dietsch to find out if the metrics and attributes were prescriptive or only guidelines so that there was some work done in advance of the Paris meetings.
Secretary said that as agreed at the Berlin meeting the committee will start with the metrics that IFABC had got that was built over 17 years and see which one of those IFABC could use if possible so that the committee did not end up with conflicting definitions unless it was absolutely necessary.

Action : President

b. Digital – Mr Richard Foan said that minutes captured what had transpired at the meeting held in Berlin. He said that he was not aware of any specific work being done after that meeting. A dialogue with the Committee will be scheduled before May to build on what was built in Berlin.
Mr Tom Drouillard said that it was interesting times in The US. The news from Australia that major magazines were getting off audits were all related to the work IFABCs were doing. He said that in the US, Members were starting to see the new offerings. Some have jumped on it and committed themselves. However, large organizations required more time to commit to them The next 12-18 months were critical, There was a need to contact and understand what was happening in other markets. Several ABC Members were reaching out to study how the services were being offered. The industry were also weighing on the articles relating to Facebook and the fraud that was out there.
Secretary said that the discussion around Facebook was an opportunity for a global validation. Chairman said that there is a possibility of leveraging on this opportunity.
Chairman said that the committee will continue the dialogue and be ready for the Paris meeting.

Action : Hon Secretary/Mr Tom Drouillard

3.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

a. General principles for IFABC – Chairman said that since the prime movers of this matter, Ms Arina Ureche and Mr Manuel Sala were not present, he proposed discussing this matter at the February meeting.

Action : Ms Arina Ureche/Mr Manuel Sala

b. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – Chairman said that Mr Manuel Sala had indicated that he had nothing new to report.

Action : Mr Manuel Sala

3.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central Knowledge Store – Ms Iwona Szczesna proposed giving the Executive Board Members more time to share their experience and comments. She said that she had not received any reports from the Executive Board members as yet. This was agreed.

Action : Ms Iwona Szczesna/EB

b. Improve internal communications – Website – in the absence of Ms Josanne Ryan there was no report.

Action : Ms Josanne Ryan

c. Communications/PR – Chairman said that he had nothing to report.

Action : President

3.4 Digital Standards and Measurement – Secretary said that the matter had been discussed under 3.1 b. Chairman said that however, the Executive Board should not lose sight of this matter. It was agreed to retain it in the Agenda.

Action : Hon Secretary/President

3.5 Governance and Finance

a. Finance:
2016 Membership subscription – Treasurer tabled draft letters to Mexico and China to advise them of the suspension of their Membership due to non-payment on the 2016 Annual Membership subscription. He added that he wanted to include Clause 8.2 which spelt out what a suspended member was not entitled to. This was agreed. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that as Mr Manuel Sala was following up with Mexico she suggested that Treasurer check with Mr Sala before sending out the letter. Discussion ensued and it was agreed to provide Mr Manuel Sala another ten days to resolve the matter with Mexico, failing which the letter would be sent. Similarly in case of China, the Executive Board decided to wait till the next Executive Board meeting before taking a final decision. Mr Marco Bernasconi felt that the manner of the letter was a little sharp.

b. Balance in IFABC Bank Account
HSBC Bank, Singapore €48,609-68

Action : Treasurer

4.ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

a. Next Meeting – the next meeting will be held 12 noon (London time), 7 February 2017.

Action : EB

Posted by Australia at 3:26 pm 0 Comments

Added 3 months ago

Minutes of a teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 6 December 2016.

                                  INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 6 December 2016.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Richard Foan – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Tom Drouillard

Apologies :
Mr Manuel Sala
Ms Josanne Ryan
Ms Arina Ureche

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation.

1.MINUTES: The minutes of the teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 8 November 2016 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2.MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 Bureaux Reports – Chairman said that he did not have a report to make.

Action : President

2.2 Membership – Tabled an email dated 2 December 2016 from Mr Manuel Sala expressing his opinion on the discussion to consider the membership requirements of those bodies that were not circulation bound, but certification bound. He had said that he considered the IFABC Bylaws as good enough to prevent commercial certifying companies from being accepted as members of IFABC as they were clearly for-profit-companies and not tripartite industry owned (publishers, agencies and advertisers).
Chairman said that as previously agreed this matter be discussed at the January 2017 meeting.

Action : President/EB

3.IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018:

3.1Three Projects:
Chairman said that the meetings on 17th and 19th November 2016 in Berlin had gone on very well. He thanked the hosts IVW as a team for hosting the event and all associated arrangements. He also thanked the members who had attended the meetings.

Action : President

a. OOH – Chairman said that the meeting on OOH had started with members presenting their initiatives taken by members in this area. All the presentations had been submitted to those who had attended the meeting. He added that Romania was well ahead with OOH services; Brazil was in the process of launching the service; France was focusing on digital OOH; Spain and Switzerland will be starting something soon; UK and USA were paying attention as there were other JICs in their countries doing it; and for Germany – the service was not with them anymore but considering what could be done. Chairman said that he had explained an app that was developed in Brazil that helped a lot in the auditing and also campaigns. The Berlin meeting had agreed, subject to the Executive Board’s approval, for France to lead a committee which will develop standards and metrics. The committee will be made up of those who attended the Berlin OOH meeting. Chairman said that he was waiting for a summary from Mr Jean Paul. Mr Marco Bernasconi said that he was happy that an IFABC project was on going. Mr Richard Foan said that the committee will prepare and agree with the metrics following the same model as the WWW model i.e. together the committee could agree to some topline definition and then individual bureau could use them if they wished. It will not be mandated but would act as a stepping stone.
Chairman sought the Executive Board’s approval to proceed with the Committee. It was approved.

Action : President

b. Digital – Mr Richard Foan said that the Digital meeting on 18 November in Berlin had shared the following:

i) The current ABC UK approach on business process verification including viewability, brand safety and anti-fraud – this included the work that ABC UK was doing with TS (Sweden), WEMF (Switzerland) and ABC (Malaysia) at different stages and the need to focus on the financial opportunities for those bureaux.

Action : Hon Secretary/Mr Tom Drouillard

ii) The meeting had then shared digital initiatives across the other ABC present, including the challenges around gaining ‘traction’ for digital verification in local markets

iii) Mr Tom Drouillard had explained on how he was innovating at AAM including Site Certifier, Quality Certifier and Campaign Certifier. Challenges and successes to date.

iv) The meeting also touched on what other JICS/MOCS around the world were doing including MRC/TAG/IABEU/EACA/CESP/BVDW etc

v) Members present then reflected on the depth and breadth of this topic ‘digital’ and agreed that those ABCs that wished to delve further should contact the ABCs that they felt were most useful to pursue a dialogue with as members all developed their businesses to suit today’s and future needs.

All present had agreed that the meeting was very useful and that they should consider another meeting to coincide with the timing of the European group meeting in 2017.

Mr Richard Foan said that the European IFABC meeting would be held 1st and 2nd June 2017 in Paris. Chairman said that a decision would need to be made closer to that date whether the OOH and Digital meetings be held a day or two earlier than the European meeting. He said that the OOH was more than the traditional posters and now included digital and more time would need to be devoted to discussing it.

3.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

a. General principles for IFABC – Chairman said that as previously agreed this matter will be up for discussion at the January 2017 meeting. It was suggested that Ms Arina Ureche/Mr Manuel Sala send a reminder to the members on the need to obtain their feedback.

b. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – Tabled an email dated 2 December 2016 from Mr Manuel Sala which said that he had again contacted Mrs Ferrari, Managing Director of VALIDA (Chile), the association that provided the press audience/circulation figures in Chile. It seemed that she was personally interested, but she required more time to convince her Board of Directors of the interest of becoming a member of IFABC.
Mr Manuel Sala Had also made preliminary contacts with the Cyprus Publishers Association.

Action : Mr Manuel Sala

3.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central Knowledge Store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that she was still waiting comments/sharing of experience of the new system from the Executive Board Members. It was agreed that Ms Szczesna would remind Executive Board member of the need to do this before the January 2017 meeting so that a fruitful discussion could be held then.

Action : EB and Ms Iwona Szczesna

b. Improve internal communications – Website – in the absence of Ms Josanne Ryan there was no report. It was noted that there were no urgent matters in respect of the website.

Action : Ms Josanne Ryan

c. Communications/PR – Chairman said that he had nothing to report.

Action : President

3.4 Digital Standards and Measurement – Secretary said that a report would be circulated to the Members after the Berlin meeting.

Action : Hon Secretary

3.5 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer reported the following:
2016 Membership subscription – Mexico and China have been advised, via email dated 17 October 2016, to remit the outstanding annual membership subscription latest by 4 December 2016, failing which their membership will be terminated.

Discussion took place and the membership of Mexico and China were suspended. Chairman said that he would be writing to the Members on this matter.

b. Balance in IFABC Bank Account
HSBC Bank, Singapore €48,629-44

Action : Treasurer

4.ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

a. Next Meeting – the next meeting will be held 12 noon (London time), 3 January 2017.

Action : EB

Posted by Australia at 3:01 pm 0 Comments

Added 4 months ago

Minutes of a teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 8 November 2016.

                                INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 8 November 2016.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Richard Foan – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Manuel Sala
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Mr Tom Drouillard
Ms Josanne Ryan
Ms Arina Ureche

Apologies :
Mr Marco Bernasconi

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation.

1.MINUTES: The minutes of the teleconference meeting of the Executive Board held 4 October 2016 having been circulated, were taken as read and confirmed.

2.MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 Bureaux Reports – Chairman said that he did not have the time to contact the 7 Bureaux who had not submitted their reports for the GA. He added that it included two members who have not paid their 2016 members’ dues – China and Mexico.

Action : President

2.2 Membership – Mr Manuel Sala wanted to know the reason for changing the bylaws to admit other organisations. Chairman said that since IFABC changed its name from ‘circulation’ to ‘certification’ and considering that circulation was dropping all over affecting the activities of IFABC members more than ever, should IFABC consider opening from the Membership to other certification bodies. Mr Manuel Sala said that if there was to be a discussion on this matter, then a paper would need to be prepared and circulated for a better discussion. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that the paper should include the amendments that would be required to be made to the Constitution. Ms Josanne Ryan wanted to know the other certification bodies. Mr Tom Drouillard said that it was important to think about the bodies that IFABC wanted to attract. Chairman said that it was unlikely to establish new Bureaux in the current form but maybe possible to have digital only bureau. He felt that IFABC should expand to include other media bodies that do not have circulation but digital. He cited organisations like JICs (which are tripartite), TAG in USA, EJIC etc. IFABC would need to talk to organisations that were similar to structures of IFABC members – retain key membership requirements like being tripartite, independent, non-profit but not limited to print. He added that Members must give thought to this matter and perhaps be ready to discuss it at the next GA. Mr Richard Foan said that it will be useful if IFABC could pull together a list of likely candidates – organisations that could fit into IFABC. Discussion ensued and it was agreed to keep the item on the Agenda.

Action : President/EB

3.IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018:

3.1 Three Projects:
Chairman said that the three projects referred to OOH, Viewability and AdBlock. 14 participants from 11 Member bureau had registered to attend the meetings which will be held on 17/18 November 2016 in Berlin.

Action : President

a. OOH – Chairman said that he had sent out the Agenda for the meeting to those attending. The aims of the meeting would be to build knowledge, share ideas and initiatives and encourage members to work together.

Action : President

b. Digital – Chairman said that Mr Richard Foan and Mr Tom Drouillard were working on the final Agenda. The meeting will also discuss Adblock. Mr Richard Foan said that broadly the meeting will be split into process/principles and a broader discussion on thinking on a common backend – viewability, adfraud and brand safety and helping the Members. He added that he would send the EB members an update after the meeting for discussion at the next EB meeting.

Action : Hon Secretary/Mr Tom Drouillard

3.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

a. General principles for IFABC – Chairman said that Members may have seen an email from Ms Arina Ureche that was sent just before the EB meeting. Ms Arina Ureche said that that the current Constitution already contained some of the principles which they were now proposing. Currently a Full Member had to fulfill important requirements and there were formulated based on IFABC members being mainly print circulation based. Although the Constitution had been revised to add ‘and other media data’ there will be confusion when applied to the other medium. She quoted BRAT as an example where they started with print circulation then to digital. There were 2 departments with different rules and principles even though they were under the same umbrella. She felt there must be clear principles for print and the rest could evolve or develop rules and principles for OOH, Digital etc. She emphasized that the principles that they were proposing did not propose any rules that were not already in the Constitution. However, she said that it was important to add a chapter in the Constitution that spelt out the do’s so that new Members would be able to understand it. Currently in the there were some principles that were not mentioned in the Constitution. By adding a new Chapter, it would be made clear on the necessary in print audits. Mr Tom Drouillard said that it was clear that the committee wanted to separate the print from everything else and be really clear about print. He added that it would be more difficult to pin down rules for digital. Mr Manuel Sala said that this matter was somewhat connected to what the EB had discussed earlier about new members coming into the IFABC. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that the document explained well print certification. However, she added that members were using different models - some do not audit free titles, some do distribution rather than circulation, not checking print run etc. She said that there were some parts which were not in the Constitution. She was concerned that by putting it into the Constitution it may not apply to some members as they were using different models. She pointed out that when she was on the Digital Committee, they decided not to call the document as principles but as guidelines only because there were a lot of similarities amongst the members but at the same time a lot of differences too. The Committee did not want to force any member to adhere to the guidelines but as advice as how one could use it for the ABC. She said that it may be difficult to define this document and make it obligatory for everyone. Chairman said that when some items may be different from country to country it will be limiting to impose it on the members. However, if IFABC took the standardization and changed it a bit and call it guidelines, it did not mean that IFABC members do not have to follow all the principles but it is a good guidelines. It created a new criteria for new members not the current members.
Chairman thanked Ms Arina Ureche and Mr Manuel Sala for all their work on the document/attachment. The meeting agreed that all Members should send an email back to Ms Arina Ureche one week prior to the January 2017 EB meeting with two things in the email:
i) Which elements of the attachment are the local ABC happy for IFABC to include in principles on how an IFABC member approaches circulation audits?
ii) Does the local ABC agree with the following statement “The principles in this document are supported by the www.ifabc.org Individual members of the IFABC will conduct audits in accordance with their local tripartite members needs and demands – contact your local ABC for further details.”

b. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – Mr Manuel Sala said that he had nothing to report.

Action : Mr Manuel Sala

3.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central Knowledge Store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that at the previous meeting it was decided to receive your inputs and opinions in respect of the system. Ms Josanne Ryan said that she would require more time. It was agreed that Executive Board members will write to Ms Iwona Szczesna their comments after having visited the system. Ms Iwona Szczesna will provide a summary of the comments to the Executive Board at the January 2017 meeting.

Action : EB

Action : Ms Iwona Szczesna

b. Improve internal communications – Website – Ms Josanne Ryan tabled the IFABC Traffic report for May – Oct 2016 and a report on the maintenance of the IFABC website. Traffic to the site was low. There was nothing to drive the traffic to the site. Discussion took place and Ms Josanne Ryan agreed to make some advocacy recommendations going forward.

Action : Ms Josanne Ryan

c. Communications/PR – Chairman said that he would be releasing the press release soon.

Action : President

3.4 Digital Standards and Measurement – Secretary said that a report would be circulated to the Members after the Berlin meeting.

Action : Hon Secretary

3.5 Governance and Finance

a. Finance – Treasurer reported the following:
2016 Membership subscription – Mexico and China have been advised, via email dated 17 October 2016, to remit the outstanding annual membership subscription latest by 4 December 2016, failing which their membership will be terminated.

Action : Treasurer

b.Invoice for payment – Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd’s Bill No. 0188/2016 for €3,756-32 being professional fees in respect of secretarial services and out of pocket expenses for the period July 2016 to September 2016 and out of pocket expenses was approved for payment.

Action : Treasurer

c. Balance in IFABC Bank Account
HSBC Bank, Singapore €52,455-74
d. Meeting in Berlin – Treasurer asked whether there will be any expenses incurred by IFABC at the Berlin meetings. Chairman said that he did not think there will be any. Secretary said that he would check with IVW.

Action : Treasurer

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

a. Next Meeting – the next meeting will be held 12 noon, 6 December 2016

EB

b. The meeting ended at 2pm.

Posted by Australia at 11:21 am 0 Comments

Added 4 months ago

Permanent CEO for ABC announced

Posted by at 8:00 pm 0 Comments

Added 4 months ago

GroupM receives brand safety accreditation

Posted by at 12:27 am 0 Comments

Added 5 months ago

ABC Announces New Chairman Designate

Posted by at 7:01 pm 0 Comments

Added 6 months ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12 noon (London time), on 2 August 2016.

                                    INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12 noon (London time), on 2 August 2016.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Richard Foan – Secretary
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Tom Drouillard
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Ms Iwona Szczesna

Apologies :
Ms Josanne Ryan
Mr Manuel Sala
Ms Arina Ureche

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation


1. MINUTES: The minutes of the tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 5 July 2016 having, been circulated, was taken as read and approved.
Mr Marco Bernasconi requested that an “Action” column be added to the Minutes to highlight persons responsible for action for that matter.

Action : Secretaries

2.MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 Census Report – Chairman said that he did not have an opportunity to speak with Ms Carolyn Morgan. Secretary said that Ms Morgan was happy to work with IFABC. She had proposed to tie the Bureau Reports to industry advertising data. She had said that it would be a good idea to speak to the President. He said that the next step for the Executive Board was to have a view on what project IFABC wanted her to think about and President would then brief her.

Chairman said that he could do that. He added that members provided the Bureau Reports once in two years just prior the GA. He asked whether it should be done on an annual basis. Secretary felt that the report once in two years was enough. He said that by doing it annually IFABC might not get enough data for a significant report. Treasurer agreed. He added that it was already difficult to obtain all Members to submit once in two years. Chairman agreed. He said that he will speak to Ms Morgan on the matter.

Action : President

2.2 Bureau Reports – The Secretaries said that as requested a draft letter
was forwarded to the Chairman for submission to the seven members who have not submitted their reports. Chairman said that he will do so.

Action : President

3. IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018

3.1 Three Projects:

a. OOH – Chairman said that he had received an email from Ms Rosa/Taipei who was seeking assistance on OOH. The case study presented at the GA was interesting for them. Although the reports were in Portuguese he said that he would liaise with Taipei on the matter. He added that in Brazil, the latest Adex revealed an increase in outdoor spending compared to the other media. He proposed a meeting in Europe in the fall (Oct/Nov) to discuss this matter. He said that he would be writing to members to find out their interest and the suggestions for a venue and timing. He thought Berlin could be a central point to meet in Europe. He could speak to IVW.

Action : President

Mr Tom Drouillard said that he could introduce the organization that did OOH in USA to the committee. They could be interested in having a global standard for measurement. IFABC and that organization could complement each other. Chairman said that perhaps they could join IFABC. Chairman again asked whether the IFABC would allow organisations that did not do circulation or census but other things to join IFABC. He asked the Executive Members to start to think about that. Secretary felt that the principle of refreshing the organization with new bodies could be useful not in terms of finance but to add to what IFABC currently had. He added that IFABC had a culture of deliberately not-for-profit industry owned organisations as Members. He continued and said that IFABC would need to be careful with organisations that compete with the IFABC members applying for membership as the Executive Board would have to manage that both legally and in terms of direction for the future.

Action : Executive Boards

b. Viewability – Secretary said that a mail on this matter has been sent out by the secretaries to Members to gauge their interest in the subject. He said that if there was enough interest and agreement on what IFABC wanted to do he would have the first call soon with those interested. Mr Tom Drouillard said that in the US they were doing some new things on digital – fraud detection – it was not only about viewability but about the whole area of digital assurance. It was about what the members were doing, what they were thinking about; where the business was going. He felt that it was all connected. Perhaps there was a need to have a new set of solutions sitting on top of what the industry already have. If the Committee agree to have a physical meeting then the suggestion was to coincide with the OOH meeting. It would be good to expand the topics
to cover more areas. Secretary felt that timing was perfect. He had recently met the Global Head of GroupM Digital who was encouraging the industry to have a single set of standards globally in these areas. The gentleman was not aware of the work being done by IFABC members. Secretary said that it was important to agree on a direction between the members and then communicating it effectively to people at his level was crucial at this stage to stay relevant.

Action : Secretary/Tom Drouillard

c. Ad Block – Chairman said that he was planning to send out a report to members on this matter. In a study (October 2015 – March 2016) done in Brazil the % of those using ad block has stablished at around 60%. It was revealed that that 30%-40% of those who blocked ads in one website, did it across all websites. The balance 70% did ad blocking selectively. Newspaper publishers have taken actions to limit access to content to those using ad block. They were trying to convince users to not block the ads. The industry was reacting to ad block in Brail and this could be a reason for ad block not increasing. Chairman said that this topic would be of interest and should be included in the forthcoming meeting. Mr Tom Drouillard said that the subject would be interesting for the members’ customers and suggested that members be made aware of it. Chairman said that perhaps a white paper be prepared to share with members.
Secretary said that there was a lot of interest in the UK. He agreed that it was useful to share it with the members. However, IFABC would need to discuss what to do with it. He was doing a watching brief for JICWEBs /ABC perspectives and be ready to work on verification principles for the publishers showing how far they were applying to industry agreed needs to be done to reduce ad block. He said that right now UK did not see a business opportunity but IFABC would need to keep on top of it for any future business opportunities. It would be interesting to consider what to do with initiatives from IAB on this matter. Chairman said that websites need to improve the users experience by being faster, lighter and less cluttered to ensure less ad block happening.

Action : President

3.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy

a. General Principles for IFABC – in the absence of Ms Arina Ureche and Mr Manuel Sala there was no report.

Action : Arina Ureche/Manuel Sala

b. Promote the growth of bureau in new geographies – in the absence of Mr Manuel Sala there was no report.

Action : Manuel Sala

3.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development

a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that after the last
reminder 3 more bureaux had contacted the website administrator. This brought the total of those who have contacted the administrator to 7. She said that a new communique would be send out in September containing more information on the future of the system; not merely inviting them to view the system but to do some action. . Mr Tom Drouillard said that he was not really clear about where IFABC was going with this, and if it was working and what purpose it was serving. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that from the beginning the Executive Board knew that some members would not be able to submit the data; some were questioning and most others wanted to have the data online to use it. At the GA in Rio Members agreed to develop the system. At the GA in Ascona, it was agreed to close the free access to the data. Now only Members could access the system. She said that perhaps the system should be opened again for members for them to see what the system was about and what it could do. Thereafter the Executive Board could have a discussion and make a decision about what to do next.

Action : Iwona Szczesna/EB

b.Improve internal communications – Website – Chairman said that Ms Josanne Ryan had submitted a comprehensive report on the IFABC. It was noted that the IFABC site was hosted alongside the AMAA site and the data costs were covered by AMAA. AMAA was happy to continue the service for IFABC.

It was also pointed out that the IFABC Circulation Database site was hosted in Poland and managed by Ms Iwona Szczesna.

Action : Josanne Ryan

c. PR – Chairman said that he would liaise with Mr Tom Drouillard on this matter as he had offered the services of his communications person.

Action : President

3.4 Digital Standards and Measurement

a. Secretary thanked members for adopting the video metrics as discussed during the GA in Ascona. He will get it up on the IFABC website. BARB, in the UK, which was the TV measurement JIC was using those metric. He has had interest from some other countries asking how the metrics were defined and whether they could use it. He said it was worth looking at the idea of global standards for local markets. This could be a point of discussion at the forthcoming meeting.

Action : Secretary/President

3.5 Governance and Finance

a. Finance

i) 2016 Annual Membership subscription – despite 4 reminders, Mexico and SPAC China had not paid their dues. Mr Manuel Sala had spoken to Mexico. He added that he was unable to reach SPAC as there never was any acknowledgement/reply from them. He was not sure if they would pay up or not.

ii) Bill for approval – Tabled Bill No. 0127/2016 for € 8,351-92 being professional in respect of secretarial services for the period April 2016 to June 2016, out of pocket expenses and cost of travel, accommodation and related expenses of the secretariat to attend the 2016 IFABC GA in Ascona, Switzerland.

A question was raised on the expense of € 1,500-00 for the 2016 IFABC Report (20 copies). The Secretaries said that it was the cost of design, layout and optimisation of the 27 country reports for the IFABC website and the printing of 20 copies for the delegates present at the GA. Discussion ensued and it was agreed that prior approvals must be obtained for expenses incurred by the secretariat. Mr Richard Foan said that it set a clear direction going forward on what need to be done. It was a key learning for the future.

iii) ICOM had sought an invoice for the contribution of € 766-00 to IFABC. An invoice had been forwarded and ICOM had remitted the amount. He thanked Mr Richard Foan and Chairman for their effort. It was noted that the next ICOM meeting will be held April 24, 2017.

iv) Balance in IFABC Bank Account
HSBC Bank, Singapore - € 65,449-88

4.ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

4.1 Next meeting – the next tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board
will be held 12noon (London time) on 14 September 2017.

Action : EB

4.2 Secretarial Services – Chairman said that the Secretaries had advised
that J Matthews would be winding down from work gradually and have not found anyone from the office who wanted to continue with the work
J Matthews was doing.

Chairman said that he wanted to thank the secretaries for having handled the secretarial affairs of the IFABC for many years. He said that it would be important to start identifying a firm that could take over the services

Action : Executive Board

4.3 The meeting ended at 1.30pm

 

Posted by Australia at 9:50 am 0 Comments

Added 7 months ago

AV and Ad Metrics

There is much industry interest in measurement standards around digital audio/video advertising and content consumption.
JICWEBS in the UK has agreed metrics in these areas and these have also been adopted now by the IFABC.
Click here for further details.
Please contact your local IFABC member if you would like further information on these.

Posted by Australia at 5:41 pm 0 Comments

Added 7 months ago

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 5 July 2016.

                                         INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF AUDIT BUREAUX OF CERTIFICATION

Minutes of a tele-conference meeting of the Executive Board held 12noon (London time), 5 July 2016.

Present :
Mr Pedro Silva – President – in the Chair
Mr Richard Foan – Secretary
Ms Iwona Szczesna
Ms Josanne Ryan
Mr Tom Drouillard
Mr Marco Bernasconi
Ms Arina Ureche

Apologies :
Mr Hormuzd Masani – Treasurer
Mr Manuel Sala

In Attendance :
Mr J Matthews representing
Macomm Management Services Sdn Bhd
Secretaries to the Federation

1. MINUTES: The minutes of the meeting of the Executive Board held 9 June 2016 having been circulated, were taken as read, and confirmed.

2. MATTERS ARISING:

2.1 IFABC General Assembly 2016 – Chairman said that the recently concluded 27th General Assembly was successful in addressing various revenue opportunities in the digital measurement area. He hoped Members will participate in the projects that were being planned.
Census Report – Chairman said that he had no opportunity to speak with Ms Carolyn Morgan but will do so. Mr Richard Foan said that he was meeting with her and will also raise the matter of an annual report be done.
Ms Iwona Szczesna said that as the recording of the interview on the Advertisers Perspective was not available, perhaps Mr Richard Foan could provide the key highlights from the session. Mr Richard Foan said that he will check with the speaker first.
GA Host 2018 – Mr Tom Drouillard said that AAM will host the GA 2018 in USA, location has not been decided as yet. Chairman thanked Mr Drouillard for agreeing to host the GA. Mr Richard Foan said that there was a suggestion whether the IFABC GA could be tied up with another event taking place at the same time. This may make it more interesting for those attending. Chairman said that more details should be communicated to the Members by middle of next year.
Mr Richard Foan said a big thank you to Mr Marco Bernasconi and Mr Roland Achermann for having organized a very successful GA in Ascona.

3. IFABC WORKPLAN FOR 2016-2018
3.1 Three Projects:

a. OOH – Chairman said that he will arrange a tele-conference with interested parties in September/October 2016. Then he will arrange a physical location where the parties can meet to discuss and make some concrete decisions.

b. Viewability – Secretary said that Mr Tom Drouillard and he had a catch up call to discuss this matter. Going forward, he will be sending a note, supported by Mr Tom Drouillard, to the Members to find out who would be interested in participating in this project. Thereafter a tele-conference will be held amongst the interested parties. It was a hot topic in many markets but not in all markets. There was an expectation in digital that it was 100% measurable. The money at risk was growing and therefore there was an opportunity with an ABC stamp. The 1st stage was to understand the causes of the discrepancies. In terms of what ABCs could deliver, it could be a certificate and the ad stamp against industry criteria. Perhaps ABC can develop a single set of criteria that ABCs could use and not many ones in different markets. It may not be commercially viable but will keep ABC in front of mind in digital ad trading environments. The second opportunity was to deliver measurement of individual ad campaigns to make it easier for people to trade and avoid using lawyers to judge numbers of a campaign. The third opportunity was to consider a closed study on the level of viewability rather like the exercise on ad blocking done in Brazil. Ms Josanne Ryan said that she would be interested to participate.

c. Ad Block – Chairman said that he will work on a plan to explain what has been done between AAM and IVC and circulate to Members to seek their interest in the project.

3.2 Role of IFABC/Industry Advocacy
a. General Principles of IFABC – in the absence of Ms Arina Ureche and Mr Manuel Sala there was no report.

b. Promote the growth of bureaux in new geographies – Chairman said that he would ask Mr Manuel Sala whether he would want to continue to handle this portfolio. Chairman said that currently membership was open to Bureaux which conducted circulation and measurement of other media. However, with the change in name in ‘Certification’ IFABC had no links to circulation by definition. It could mean that purely digital and other types of Boards/ABC could now be able to join the IFABC. Ms Iwona Szczesna said that there was a need for more details. Chairman said that he will present a proposal.

3.3 Knowledge Sharing/Business Development –
a. Central knowledge store – Ms Iwona Szczesna said that the free access to the data has been closed. Members have been advised to contact the administrator for their password and login access. However, she reported that very few Members have been in contact with the administrator. She requested the Executive Board Members to go and update their data. The Secretaries were requested to reminder the Members to contact the administrator.

b. Improved internal communications – website – Ms Josanne Ryan said she had no update as yet as Ms Heather Craven who was managing the portfolio was on leave and she was unable to get an update on the current situation. She said that she would be happy to continue to manage the website. A Member asked if there were any analytics on the website to ascertain the traffic to the website by Members. A suggestion was made that perhaps highlights from the minutes be sent to the members to inform them of the key activities of the Executive Board. Ms Josanne Ryan said that she would think about doing it.

c. Communications/PR – Chairman said that he would be making a report by the end of the month.

3.4 Digital Standards and Measurement
a. Digital Standards and Measurement – Mr Richard Foan said that the video metrics will be uploaded to the website. He said that he had received no requests for any other areas of discussion.

3.5 Governance & Finance

a. Finance – in the absence of the Treasurer, Chairman said that the Treasurer had submitted a report.
Annual Membership 2016 - It was that the following were outstanding:
Bureau Euro
Mexico € 500
SPAC China € 1,400

Invoices for approval – the following were approved for payment:
- WEMF AG FUR WERBEMEDIENFOSCHUNG – Invoice 01-16 dated 21 June 2016 amounting to €2,855-00 being Speakers expenses (€953), Dinner at GA on 6.6.2016 (€1,352) and GA fees for IFABC secretaries (€ 550)
- WEMF AG FUR WERBEMEDIENFOSCHUNG – Invoice 01-16 dated 21.6.16 for €15,000 being reimbursement of expenses incurred on GA at Ascona on behalf of IFABC
- Audit Bureau of Circulations Ltd, UK – Invoice 48809 dated 17 .6.16 for GBP £ 950 being reimbursement of Richard Foan’s cost of attending IFABC meeting in Switzerland

Balance in IFABC Bank Account – HSBC Bank Singapore - € 81,529-18

Mr Tom Drouillard said that the IFABC will quickly run out of money if prudent measures were not taken soon.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a. Next meeting – the next tele- conference meeting of the Executive Board will be held 2 August 2016 at 12 noon (London time).

b. Bureau Reports – Seven bureau had not submitted their Bureau Reports although it was an obligation by them to do so. Chairman said that he would write to them and request them to submit.

Posted by Australia at 5:31 pm 0 Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »